Trudeau lambasted for visiting mosque linked to al-Qaeda recruitment

valve37
Community Member

These minority votes will surely get the Libs elected. Go after Emery now Justin.

OTTAWA - Justin Trudeau is being accused of "intellectual dishonesty" for his visiting a Montreal-area mosque that American government sources say has been an Al-Qaeda recruitment centre.

The Al Sunnah Al-Nabawiah mosque sits in Trudeau's Quebec riding.

The Liberal leader reluctantly acknowledged last weekend he'd attended the Al-Sunnah Al-Nabawiah mosque, which follows the strict Wahhabist interpretation of Islam (codified and practiced in Saudi Arabia) then cast doubt on the veracity of the American government's designation.

"I think I've probably been to every single different mosque in my riding," he said. "I know a number of people who have been listed by the U.S. government on a no-fly list and we in Canada have our own determinations for those sorts of things because the U.S. is known to make mistakes from time to time; are there any other questions?"

Pakistan-born Tarek Fatah, founder of the Muslim Canadian Congress, found Trudeau's response "outrageous."

"(This) mosque he mentions with pride is in his own words a Wahhabi mosque, the role model for ISIS, Hamas, Al-Qaeda and the Taliban," he told QMI Agency.

Fatah said Trudeau's pandering to this extremist group wasn't helpful.

He added that the Liberal leader would have been better off "denouncing jihad, Sharia and Jew-hatred that is the staple lecture at these mosque sermons."

"For him to pretend this is about meeting with people with whom he disagrees is intellectual dishonesty and playing ethnic politics to the advantage of those who seek Canada's destruction along with the rest of European civilization, secularism, gender equality and individual liberty."

The Prime Minister's Office accused Trudeau of "trolling for votes among religious extremists in our own communities."

"First, Justin Trudeau refused to condemn the horrific bombing of the Boston Marathon - instead he tried to rationalize the actions of evil individuals," spokesman Stephen Lecce told QMI Agency. "It's clear that Justin Trudeau cannot be trusted to keep Canadians safe."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/08/20140805-194607.html

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I agree with you. 

These constant personal attacks against Trudeau are not doing the Conservative Party any good.

They should concentrate on attacking (if "attacking" is what they insist to do) policies of the opposition parties, not personal appearances by their leaders. There is lots of "stuff" the Conservatives could go after.  Why concentrate on attacking the leaders?

For example: "The Conservative government is slamming Liberal leader Justin Trudeau for his vow to repeal the First Nations salary disclosure law if he’s elected. The law, which came into effect last month, requires First Nations leaders to publicly disclose their salaries, among other financial information. Trudeau said this week he wants to repeal the law and replace it with something more “respectful” of First Nations communities."

I think the Conservatives would gain overall support by explaining what is good about their Bill and stressing the opposition from other parties. Going after the policies of the other parties would be more effective than going after their leaders.

But, at the end of the day, it is not Harper's way.  He wants to get "personal" and that will eventually defeat his Party.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The Libs might gain some ground if they did this to Justin!
"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What! Pics not working
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What?  Did you lose that Christmas card from Harper and his family from years ago?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There is nothing wrong with Trudeau visiting a mosque regardless of whether it has ties to al-Qaeda or not.

If we alienate them they will form closer ties to al-Qaeda.

Harper's conservatives are on the wrong track when it comes to social issues.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply