Why do you only have 45 day to have a case. Twice the seller has delayed or or not anwser me, to get my Item and now I can't even case.

bluebidzer
Community Member

I have order things and twice from two different sellers and they eather din't respond or delays so now the 45 day is up and i have no way of getting my money or the Item I have paid for. Why is it you favor the seller? I am not happy with your way you change thing for the seller? very unfair for us buyers.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why do you only have 45 day to have a case. Twice the seller has delayed or or not anwser me, to get my Item and now I can't even case.

Hi bluebidzer.. This is a member to member Board and ebay staff do not participate, I'm going to disagree.lol It was 30 days for years, then PayPal increased to 45 days and i would take bets that if it was increased to 60 days , would still read complaints here.

Fact is , any transaction that has been hanging for 40 days should be disputed. Open the dispute and you can delay claiming refund for another

20 days if you wish....

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/paypal-buyer-protection.html

If payments were funded by credit card , call the 800 # on back and request a charge back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi bluebidzer - Before you buy another thing on Ebay, familiarize yourself with the rules.

It is my understanding that you can start a Dispute in EBAY very soon after paying if the seller is not replying to you. Make sure to only email from inside Ebay - that way the Staff at Ebay can see the correspondence you have with the seller. If you are concerned File a Dispute. If THIS doesn't get a response then Escalate to a Claim through Paypal, but you have to do these steps within 45 days.

Being Fair to Sellers- sometimes sellers are away - or ill - or are just very busy or have any number of issues that delay responding, so the Dispute system is the fairest way I can think of.

Often the Dispute does not escalate to a Claim, it is resolved, but DO NOT close the case until you have your item or your money.

I hope that is useful.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply