Why no signature confirmation?

kashka
Community Member

This is a new one for me..I recently sold something for $500..so I go to print up a label thru Paypal for Xpresspost so i can have delivery confirmation and signature confirmation.CP webite says both are available..yet when making up the label it is "not available".I check US Expedited..nope..not there either. Call PP they say that is Ebay and CP's agreement ..CP says the same thing.So..my thoughts..Ebay wants you to ship smartly and wants to grab their 9% from shipping..yet the more expensive options makes one do it over the counter.Plus..you don't get your discount from printing online.So what am I missing here? Is it they don't want you to have any savings by getting your discount? I am really confused.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Did you input the correct dimensions (between min and max) for Xpresspost?

Are you within weight maximum for the service your chose?

Does Xpresspost ship to that country (some countries do not have Xpresspost available)?

Is the address correct? Does one field have a very long name in a field? Longer than 24 characters. PayPal shipping will say PayPal is not available for long names sometimes.

It is most likely something you are doing wrong?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I looked at your sold listings and found the insulator sold at $499. I think you sold to the USA since that is the only shipping option.

I think your issue may be the minimum dimensions for Expedited Parcel are 21 x 14 x 0.5. I do not know the minimum for Xpresspost.

I think PayPal checks the dimensions when creating a label. The eBay shipping calculator does not when you set up a listing for most dimensions. I know the Canada Post site does not check dimensions most of the time.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I checked the minimum dimensions for Xpresspost and they are the same as Expedited Parcel. 21x14x0.1 cm

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

kashka
Community Member

Yes..to all ...except the longer character thing..short names.

I triple checked all the fields and the services..just a 600g package going to the US...Address and particulars are filled out correctly.

So I went back to the CP site..input everything..gave me the quote that the post office counter lady gave me..with all the options.

Called PP and CP:

I had the PP guy check everything out,confirmed signature was n/a and he said with some services not all the options are made available and that it would because of the agreement between CP and ebay..

I also had the CP rep go thru the form I filled out and she had the same "n/a" and gave me the same reason as the PP guy.I asked both what the logic would be and it all came back to the "agreement".

So..bright side ebay doesn't get much from the shipping..bad side..I lost my discount.

Weird.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

kashka
Community Member

Well..my measurements were above minimum..21x21x15..so I don't what's going on.Like I said...weird..

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Poco, I don't think that Kashka is saying that the label can't be printed or that paypal shipping isn't available but is saying that next to the term signature confirmation, it says 'not available.

Kasha, xpresspost USA always includes a signature at no extra charge so there is no need to check anything off. At one time a signature wasn't available at all on xpresspost USA and they never did change the wording. It would be a lot less confusing though if they changed 'not available' to 'included'.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

kashka
Community Member

Ahh..maybe that was what happening!..Above it there was the option of delivery confirmation which said FREE..and the signature confirmation said Not Available.So perhaps it was just that..they never changed the wording on the form.I know the USA Expedited has the same wording for both options because I tried that also.It didn't make sense to me  🙂

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

USA expedited doesn't have sig confirmation so it makes sense that it would say not available. I think that it is actually Pitney Bowes who sets up the paypal/Canada Post shipping so they may not even be aware that xpresspost USA now includes a signature. Or just haven't bothered to change it. I'm sure that it confuses the heck out of many people!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

corniprius
Community Member

just get an canada post venture card you get the same discount 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used  XpressPost to USA a lot, it depends on, especially if they are small towns.  It is okay when I shipped to large cities but not smal towns.  It doesn't make senses as anyone would go to the post office and sign them before receiving the XpressPost parcels/packages.

My advantage of "not available" is that I can go ahead and use XpressPost and they will always arrive way past "on time" guarantee and can claim for refund for a late delivery.  That is how Canada Post operate it that way.  Go figure!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

just get an canada post venture card you get the same discount 

The venture one discount for expedited shipping is 5 %. On Paypal it is approximately 20%.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I used  XpressPost to USA a lot, it depends on, especially if they are small towns.  It is okay when I shipped to large cities but not smal towns.  It doesn't make senses as anyone would go to the post office and sign them before receiving the XpressPost parcels/packages.

The clerks here ask for id when I pick up a parcel that I have to sign for. I would guess that most places do that.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Just a thought.  I had a similar wonky situation with paypal shipping options.

I wonder if it's not an option because it's a given with Express Post?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

kashka
Community Member

I think that might been it,ISH..I ended up taking it to the post office and doing it from there.But it worked out..it didn't leave the sorting plant for a few days and of course was delivered way over the time specified for the service.I opened an ticket with CP and got reimbursed for full shipping cost.Buyer was happy..I was happy.Thankyou CP for free shipping.

Now in retrospect..with goofs like that..I can see why CP loses money.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply