bought and item, seller says out of stock but is still selling at 2x the price

Greetings. Bought an item for $21.99 + $5 shipping item number 130974066556 . Seller turns around and tells me out of stock. Instead the seller jumps the price to $42.99 OBO and keeps selling them and sends me a refund. So the wife tries sending an offer on the same item and gets this reply:

Your offer price:US $21.99
Seller terms:Thanks for your attention on our product. But your offer is a little bit hard to accept. The price we list has very low profit. Maybe you could make a new offer at a higher price or increase the amount you would like to buy. Thanks so much.
BIN price:US $42.99
Check and see if you can make another Best Offer | View item | Go to My eBay

Don't let it get away!.

Buy it Now
Details for item number: 130974066556
Item URL:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130974066556&ssPageName=ADME:B:BODO:US:1
End date:23-Oct-13 05:02:59 EDT
Quantity:

993 available

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

So I try reasoning with them and this was their reply:

Dear maximus7001,

thanks for your email. we are sorry about what happened, our seller will stop the listing once the item won't be sold again, but this item, we have asked our supplier to send us more products, it need some times, and then we will recover the price once it restocked, if we stopped all outstocked listing, it will make an affection at our store,hope you can understand. we won't cheat you, if we cheat, we won't explain so much to you.
so for saving your time,we suggest that refund you firstly, because the restocked time will take a long time,if you still like to our store, you can repurchase it once it restocked again. is it OK?
looking forward your positive reply.

Now they want me to cancel the transaction since they have sent a refund.(Did not cancel yet)

So I find another same item from a different seller {or so I thought) and buy it now for $21.49 +$5 shipping item number
181202400131 and it turns out to be the same seller with a didderent user name and they do the same BS again.

They want to refund the money saying out of stock and have changed the price of the items to $42.49 OBO and are still selling the so called out of stock with lots of stock left.

Now is there any recourse for this bad seller and how do I report it?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Greetings. Bought an item for $21.99 + $5 shipping item number 130974066556 . Seller turns around and tells me out of stock. Instead the seller jumps the price to $42.99 OBO and keeps selling them and sends me a refund. So the wife tries sending an offer on the same item and gets this reply:

Your offer price: US $21.99
Seller terms: Thanks for your attention on our product. But your offer is a little bit hard to accept. The price we list has very low profit. Maybe you could make a new offer at a higher price or increase the amount you would like to buy. Thanks so much.
BIN price: US $42.99
Check and see if you can make another Best Offer | View item | Go to My eBay

Don't let it get away!.

Buy it Now
Details for item number: 130974066556
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130974066556&ssPageName=ADME:B:BODO:US:1
End date: 23-Oct-13 05:02:59 EDT
Quantity:

993 available

Hi maximus7001,

If you wouldn't mind packaging this info in an email to me, I'll have our Trust & Safety team take a look at the report.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I read this as you purchased an item priced at $21 and the seller responded that he was out of stock and refunded you.

He then (possibly ) received more stock, but for his own reasons, raised the price to $42, with Best Offer.

Your wife made a Best Offer of half the asking price. This was politely refused.

You learned that they were selling the same item at  $21 under a different ID. Again you buy and are refunded because that company is also out of stock.

The second company has again raised the price to $42.

Sounds like the sellers are dropshipping. Their supplier, like many of these dropshipping suppliers, did not inform them, under either name that they were out of stock.

When they couldn't supply, they refunded.

Dropshipping is an amateur's game. Part of their amateurism was pricing the item too low. Part was oversharing their pricing and supply difficulties with a customer. And a lot of it was falling for these dropshippig bushwah to begin with.

Move on. You got your money back.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Then they tried to pull this off after sending a refund:

Hi maximus7001,

According to our records, you haven't responded to yallstore's notification regarding payment for item Hot 8018 2.4GHz 3.5-channel 3.5CH RC Heli Alloy Remote Control Helicopter Blue. This unpaid item case was opened on 2013-09-25 23:32:37.0.

If you've already resolved this situation through email or paid for the item, please let us know by responding through our Resolution Centre.

To avoid receiving an unpaid item strike, please resolve this situation within seven days of the date the notification was sent to you. An unpaid item strike will result in loss of feedback privileges for this transaction. See eBay's Unpaid Item Policy for more information.

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

Hot 8018 2.4GHz 3.5-channel 3.5CH RC Heli Alloy Remote Control Helicopter Blue
Hot 8018 2.4GHz 3.5-channel 3.5CH RC Heli Alloy Remote Control Helicopter Blue
Item #130974066556
Sale price:US $21.99
Sale date:22-Sep-13 04:25:22 EDT
Case opened:Wednesday, Sep 25, 2013 23:32:37 PDT
View purchased item
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I,m sorry but I just don't get it,you paid for the item,the seller refunded you and now is claiming for item not paid? it doesn't make sense, you must have a proof that you paid?how silly of the seller if that's the case.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply