items I purchased from China never arrive, more often that before, why?

It hast started to happen in the last few months, especially with small purchases. It is time consuming since you have to email back and forth to recover 5 dollars. In some cases I forget to reclaim the item because it is a cheap item and the time and effort are not worth it, but by now I am becoming diffident and I am starting not to buy cheap items that may or may not arrive. I wonder if it is just me or other people are having the same problem.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

enriquejfr wrote:

I wonder if it is just me or other people are having the same problem.

Lots and lots of people are having the same problem.  My personal opinion is that given the constant trouble people have with items from China, either items take forever or they are cheap garbage when they finally do arrive, I just don't understand why you keep buying from there.  I would have learned my lesson after 2 or 3 items for sure.  

On the other hand, I do not believe for a moment that all these Chinese sellers are simultaneously deciding not to send the items.  I DO believe there are problems with backlogs, and the way Western countries subsidize Chinese postage that some of these items are stored until there are sufficient numbers for countries like Canada to make it more affordable to move them about.  That is one suggestion I have heard and it makes more sense than the "nation of scammers" theory.  

To deal with your issue, you have 30 days after the LAST date of delivery to file a claim on eBay.  

If you miss that you can go to your PayPal account where you have 180 days from when you PAID to file there.  180 "days" doesn't sound like much but it is about 6 months so you might still have time to get refunds for your items.  Only one way to find out.  

In future, wait for your items, yes, but do not let the claim dates pass.  If you don't bother to file a claim that is your fault, not the seller's.  Also, if you have to open a claim, by that time you want a refund.  You no longer want the item.  Because if you go for that you will get a promised replacement and it will not be sent and then all your time is used up.  So don't close your claim until you are totally satisfied and happy.  

Keep in mind, when you buy something, you can make a little note under the item in your Purchase History.  Tell yourself what is the LAST day to file a claim.  Meaning if March 13 is the last date of delivery, then April 12 is your final claim date on eBay.  Better wind it back a few days to about the 9th or 10th to be safe, and make a note that says "Remember to file by April10 if no item".

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buying-on-eBay/Items-not-received-from-China/qaq-p/361252

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Is-anyone-else-having-trouble-receiving-their-orders-from-...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I have exactly same problem for about 5 months. It's was to me so suspicion to me that over sudden nothing is coming from China anymore. E Bay should do something about it !!! After 60 days of purchase the link disappears from My eBay page and nobody can leave FEEDBACK anymore and that is only thing Seller from China care for. Like you said they can email you back and forth just to get more time. I'm also wonder who sets ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME ? Tried to contact e Bay with no lack 😞 to get answer to my question. It's important to make a claim but you CANNOT do it before the estimated time passed (and now is set for some purchase even almost 3 months!!!) and you don't know that only after you make a purchase. YES e Bay eventually will refund your money but ONLY if you make a claim. I read other post and lots of Buyers who shared  same thoughts :  maybe some dishonest sellers from China don't even send anything counting for that someone will not make a claim.  WHAT if you forget to make a claim in the limit time e Bay set? It's so sad that something like this is happening.  For a moment I thought  maybe Canada Post has something to do with it. After I read so many posts about other Buyers from Canada  having same problem I finally  realized that's much bigger problem.  Just recently (before I read those posts) I bought some stuff from China and that will be my last purchase unless e Bay will do something about it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply