Advice please, am I being misunderstood or played?

Ordered "Micro USB Adapter Cables" but they sent regular USB so useless, the ad clearly specified and pictured micro, I also paid a little extra for faster shipping. Seller is in China. After over 40 communications (combined) including pictures they offer 1/2 refund but they still didn't seem to really understand, I said no I want total! They asked if I would take a credit. They have a lot of products so I picked some and calculated the difference and asked them to invoice me, I even dropped the shipping amount (we are now over 50 messages). They sent invoice and I paid it before I noticed it was wrong currency, so overcharged by 25%. I sent another message but they replied "OK to send? Do you want us to send? Not addressing my over payment. The next day was my 60 day limit for feed back so I sent negative feedback and opened an ebay and paypal case, it is only the second time I did this in 14 years on ebay, second order has not been sent. Total loss is now a little less than $30 US. Again seller sends another message and offers 1/2 refund to have negative feed back removed, back to square 1. What?!? Just doesn't seem like they understand but I feel I have a responsibility to other buyers for the integrity and purpose of feedback not to remove my negative, as microscopic as my mark is "on a seller with tens of thousands of sales". I have little faith at this point that an extra order from this seller will bring any joy. So, am I being Played or Misunderstood? Looking forward to your perspectives, thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You are being played, and probably misunderstood also. Plain and simple, do not buy from China ever, no matter how attractive the offer. Packages are being so carefully screened from China with the Fetanyl crisis going on now, your order will always be late arriving, and then you will be scammed on your product anyway when you do get it. 99 cent items with free shipping = SCAM. When it comes to eBay, try to pretend China does not even exist, and only buy off American or Canadian sellers, and you will not get burned. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Bought charger - sent wrong item.

You can open an Item Not As Described dispute for 30 days after arrival.

The seller is required to send you return shipping. and/or refund you.

If he does not, you get your refund from eBay and they go after the seller for their money.

After over 40 communications (combined) including

What 's that quote ascribed to Einstein about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

they offer 1/2 refund

Better for them than the full refund you would get from eBay.

Stick with the Dispute.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate as soon as possible.

This is all done by robots and you don't need any human help.

In future, do NOT get into a conversation about a Dispute with a seller.

You do NOT want a replacement, you want a refund.

KISS

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are being played, and probably misunderstood also. Plain and simple, do not buy from China ever, no matter how attractive the offer. Packages are being so carefully screened from China with the Fetanyl crisis going on now, your order will always be late arriving, and then you will be scammed on your product anyway when you do get it. 99 cent items with free shipping = SCAM. When it comes to eBay, try to pretend China does not even exist, and only buy off American or Canadian sellers, and you will not get burned. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Bought charger - sent wrong item.

You can open an Item Not As Described dispute for 30 days after arrival.

The seller is required to send you return shipping. and/or refund you.

If he does not, you get your refund from eBay and they go after the seller for their money.

After over 40 communications (combined) including

What 's that quote ascribed to Einstein about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

they offer 1/2 refund

Better for them than the full refund you would get from eBay.

Stick with the Dispute.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate as soon as possible.

This is all done by robots and you don't need any human help.

In future, do NOT get into a conversation about a Dispute with a seller.

You do NOT want a replacement, you want a refund.

KISS

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank's, the things I ordered are for amusement and gifts, endoscope cameras (fellow car engine guys love them) and adapters, gizmos etc. No significant investment, kind of my shop therapy happy place but I hear your point. All the communications have been easy, non confrontational. Feel I owe the community to report accurately. I absolutely buy Canada or USA when the item is important to me. Thank you, I will continue with my dispute process.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you, hear that definition of insanity and get it. Just seeking objective feedback and support for what I had already started to do but feeling a little guilty about, wanting to give the benefit of the doubt and all. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply