Ebay took my money and the return

bought a prodcut and had to return it as the item was damaged 

seller took till the last day to provide the Trackign number , they sent me the return label 

seller didnt follow the ebay process and instead sent to my email, this is fine howver if they dont enter the trcking number in the system it isnt recored 

when i went into check the box it only showed the old trakcing and i clicked on it was sent , doesnt let me input tracking. seller  gets a delivered statuts as they didnt use the new number, it shows delivered for the first time  so the file a claim saying they didn trecived while they **bleep** well know it is almost there 

have all the emails , proof of return and ebay had tracking numbers. almost there 2 days away 

and i get an email saying they awared the seller , so they have my return and my 1300 cdn dollars

i had to file an apeal  

now i have to file a dispute with my credit card company 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay took my money and the return

Good to know you understand that your card chargeback is available.

so the file a claim saying they didn trecived while they **bleep** well know it is almost there

have all the emails , proof of return and ebay had tracking numbers. almost there 2 days away

But it isn't there yet.

And with the Christmas holiday it will be Wednesday at the earliest that it will arrive.

Although eBay is supposed to use business days rather than calendar days, that's moot since eBay does not have any Proof of Shipping, never mind delivery.

The odd thing is that to win the Not As Described claim, they had to provide Proof of Shipping-- whether that label was provided through eBay or otherwise.*

I'd suggest first that you hold off on the chargeback until you have Proof of Delivery and can provide that as part of the chargeback claim.

And that you get in touch with eBay through social media and provide the employee (phone reps are NOT direct eBay employees) with  the seller's return label number and the Claim number. Ask for advice on next step.

With the chargeback, you have usually 180 days from payment for the Claim, so there is no rush.

Except for the money part obviously.

*Buyers have purchased their own shipping labels. Sellers have send Paypal funds to foreign customers where they couldn't send labels.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply