Item not as described case

Hi there. I bought a pokémon coin from a seller i thought it was new, photo was like this and it was not stated anywhere to be pre used

s-l1600.jpg

I receive it and quickly see light scratchs so i decide to bring my white light... Look at it

PXL_20211013_214831687.jpg

PXL_20211013_214817181.jpg

This is obvious that this coin is in played condition, there's like 200 scuffs and multiple scratchs...

I contacted the seller with the item not as described return option, explained and showed him the condition. I thought he would either refund or offer a replacement but he basically said the coin is new and he don't see any problem with it. Very **bleep** moment

''this coin is brand new , you putting gloss plastic in a LEF lighting and still barely see any deficiencies i dont see nothing wrong with thi coin''

What i do next? I paid for a new one, this item condition is unnaceptable

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This is a simple straightforward Not As Described dispute.

You can open the dispute at the bottom of this page (among other places) in the Resolution Centre.

You don't need any human interaction (that would slow down the automatic process).

The seller will be instructed to send you return shipping.
In some cases eBay will do this for him and charge him for it.

If you don't get a Return Label, you win the case and are refunded. Give the coin to a kid or whatever.

If you get a Label, return the coin.

When the tracking shows delivery, you will be refunded.

You can leave appropriate feedback. Remember that anyone involved in a future transaction can read your feedbacks. The most effective are calm and factual.

You are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection and by the chargeback policy of the credit card you back your PP account with.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Okay thank you. I already openned the dispute showing the condition to the seller this is where i am. So i guess i have nothing to do for now 

I had doubts because of the seller answer saying there's no problem with it. It's like he tried to fool me. Very dishonest anyway to ship a used coin as new and even debating that it's new while having the scuffs and scratchs proof under his eyes

And this is what a top rated seller service looks like...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I got my refund i won the case the seller did not offered to resolve anything and ignored the case... But i just received a message that the seller request ebay to review the case? What it means? They can reverse the decision and then i could not add anything?

This is so insulting... Am i crazy and i'm seeing invisible scratchs and scuffs and this coin is clean and new!?

PXL_20211014_045652140.jpg

PXL_20211014_045701834.jpg

PXL_20211014_045716902.jpg

  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I think you were in the right - I definitely wouldn't describe that as a "new, unplayed" coin. Either unknowingly or deceptively the photo provided by the seller made it look better than it actually was.

I don't know the details of the case in question, but if eBay sided with you and gave you a refund I highly doubt any sort of appeal by the seller is going to overturn the decision.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply