MY RETURN NEEDS AN ADDRESS OF EBAY TO RETURN

franca317
Community Member

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

eBay does not sell items...individual sellers list and sell items= IF you are returning an item, you need to return item to the SELLER. That information is provided within your purchase details.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

The current version of the Claims and Disputes form is very vague about how to actually start a Claim.

Because I have no current problems with any recent purchases I can only go as far as the Contact Seller page.

What is needed is a link to the ResolutionCenter.

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

which does allow the buyer to start a Claim.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Was there an address on the package by the way? @franca317 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Have you opened a return through your purchase history. Ask your seller for the return address. The item needs to be returned to the seller, not to eBay.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

franca317
Community Member

SELLER HAS NOT GIVEN ME A RETURN ADDRESS.  MY PURCHASE IS NOT IN PURCHASE HISTORY.  DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.   HAVE SPENT $254.00 CDN.  NEED HELP.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

As the others have said it has to be opened as either a Claim or Return from your purchase and sent to seller. I'm not sure if you are using the app or desktop but I highly suggest the desktop version as it shows much more options and better viewing. You should be able to see Purchases there (make sure you don't have them "hidden" by mistake, you can say "show hidden items" just in case). Also you should be able to see "orders" even if it is not showing in Purchases. It has to be somewhere, it is strange you don't see it. If the item was not as described and you are opening a claim most times the seller is required to send you a return shipping label and this would have their address on it plus with this route there will be a record with eBay showing you have gone through the right steps to get your refund. Good luck!

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Assuming the purchase was made from this(ops) ID, and looking at your feedback, I'm making the guess that the item was purchased more than 90 days ago.

If that's the case, that is why it does not show on your purchase history any more, and as far as I know the MBG (money back guarantee) is long past as well.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

my purchase was made thru ebay in the UK,  Oct.2, 2022

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Ahhhh, okay, makes sense now, I thought by the tone of their question it was a newly received item they had just got and were not happy with. 

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I BOUGHT THE PURCHASE, AM NOT THE SELLER

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

"my purchase was made thru ebay in the UK,  Oct.2, 2022"

Okay so it is fairly recent and should show I would have thought under either "Purchases" or "Orders", however I'm not sure if you bought from the eBay UK site itself if things are done differently. I've only used .ca or .com sites. It will no doubt be a little trickier to send an item back to the UK with an uncooperative seller. Someone else may be able to shed some light, I have no experience on that one myself.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@franca317 

The default for purchases looks like 60 days. You may want to try the option for 2022. That's top right on a PC. Unsure where it is for app. The other possibility is purchase got in hidden by accident. You can see if undo is available to reverse and view. 

-Lotz

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

I did search 2022 purchases, my item does not show.  something wrong here.  this purchase was made in the ebay uk.  Nobody is responding.  I am 80 years old and need help with this.  I have all the documents showing my purchase.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I don't know if this will work but it is worth a try.  Go to the top of the page and click on help & contact.  Then type in return an item and search.  If your item comes up that way then start the return process.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.  LAST TIME I HEARD FROM SELLER WAS I SEND TOO MANY MESSAGES, AND SHE WAS FED UP.  SHE WAS NOT NICE.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

What is the listing number, @franca317?

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

So you tried to find the purchase the way I just described?

Your immediate problem is to find the purchase and start a return so that eventually eBay will get involved.  If they don't accept the return then you can get eBay to step in.  But that will depend on the reason for the return? Why do you want to return the item?

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

have done that, no reply and no help.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by "have done that, no reply and no help."

You have started a return through eBay?

if do, what reason did you give fir the return?

Message 20 of 31
latest reply