No Outbid notice and Sudden Change in Product

I had placed a bid on an item and was the leading bidder however I did not win and did not receive an outbid notice.  I can understand this but my concern is that when I checked the listing in bids/win tab the listing for this item that I apparently lost was not the same item.  I went back and double checked all emails from ebay: there was no outbid notice just a note that I was the winning bid and then a note that I had lost.  Upon checking the listing through bids it was an entirely different product that was listed.  Essentially the item that I bid on was not the item then listed under losses.

Should I escalate this through ebay or is this nothing to be concerned about?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you didn't win the item, you have nothing to escalate. You might try to Report it under the Item Number.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@patchysdaddy wrote:

... my concern is that when I checked the listing in bids/win tab the listing for this item that I apparently lost was not the same item.  I went back and double checked all emails from ebay: there was no outbid notice just a note that I was the winning bid and then a note that I had lost.  Upon checking the listing through bids it was an entirely different product that was listed.  Essentially the item that I bid on was not the item then listed under losses.

You might be a victim of ebay's

you-really-didn't-want-to-see-an-ended-listing misdirection that eBay started using earlier this year.  Check for  a bar above the alternative wrong listing that is getting displayed and click on "listing" to get taken to the correct listing page.

ebay misdirection ...ebay misdirection ...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@patchysdaddy

A seller isn't able to change the title or pictures on an auction once there is a bid so I am sure that the last poster's suggestions is correct and that eBay has misdirected you to a totally different listing.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply