Report a seller for not giving the item bought or the money back on something bought 7 months ago

I have no idea who I'm supposed to contact at ebay to get my issue solved.  I've looked all over the stupid website for an email address, chat, or phone number and nothing comes up when I put in my issue.  I looked up how to email ebay and this  came up so you are my only hope Obi Wan.

I ordered a product back in July.  It never showed.  I contacted the seller and he said he would resend but that it would take a couple months to get here.  It has now been 7+ months and nothing has showed up.  I've asked the seller to give my money back and he has asked that I give it more time.  I gave him another few weeks then told him I would report him if my money was not returned.  I have not heard from him since.  I guess the sale is too old for the website to recognize it for whatever reason so I CAN NOT report him and can't get my money back.  Now it is only a few dollars but that isn't the point.  I simply want what I paid for or my money back.  One or the other.

I would really appreciate it if you could direct me to someone who would be able to help me please.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Report a seller for not giving the item bought or the money back on something bought 7 months ago

Never accept an offer of reshipment. You lose your purchase protection that way.

You get a refund for the original and then repurchase if you feel like doing so (that way purchase protection still applies).

eBay protection for Item Not Recieved is for 30 days after the last estimated arrival date.

You are well past that.

If you paid via PayPal, you have 180 days (about 6 months) of INR protection from time of purchase. You are past that.

If you paid via credit card you can check to see what your card offers in the way of protection (it varies a lot between cards) -- you might still have a chance to get your money back.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Never accept an offer of reshipment. You lose your purchase protection that way.

You get a refund for the original and then repurchase if you feel like doing so (that way purchase protection still applies).

eBay protection for Item Not Recieved is for 30 days after the last estimated arrival date.

You are well past that.

If you paid via PayPal, you have 180 days (about 6 months) of INR protection from time of purchase. You are past that.

If you paid via credit card you can check to see what your card offers in the way of protection (it varies a lot between cards) -- you might still have a chance to get your money back.

-..-

Message 2 of 2
latest reply