Boring Boards

This Discussion Board used to be great - lots of participants and lots of interest. Had to read through two or three pages a day. I learned a lot using the boards.  Now new content is half a page a day at best

And! They are boring.  Never mind the content - could they even be any blander - look at the colours: White and grey with a little blue.

c'est la vie

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Boring Boards

I thought this thread was going to be about wood working or carpentry Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

claire-danes-cinderella-glowing-dress-gown-met-gala-zac-posen-7.jpgcattle hormones.jpgcoffee coffee.jpgDHMO EFFECTS.jpgDRAGON.jpgDiscuss.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

1. I wanna join THAT forum.

2. Holy cow ... that's the absolute definition of " you're sparkling".

3. Due to my background in agri-business that one rates a white_check_mark

4.  Wearing out a french press here each morning.

5. Gosh ... that sounds bad.

6.  Speechless ... looks like something one might see in a Mirvish Theatre??

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

When a well-known hamburger company first came out with the fact beef came from cattle raise without steroid hormones... 

I wrote to them and reminded them that cattle have a baseline level of steroid hormones  and the beef they use comes from cattle raised with steroids naturally present.

It was the fact that steroids were added to the cattle.... but even then the steroids were injected into the ear of the animal....  The ear was never eaten   and the level of steroids  was not greater than that of a male  animal  that was not castrated...  The meat from these castrated animals injected with steroids did not reflect the use of steroids.

It has been noticed recently that the wording used in commercials has been adjusted, and reflect the steroid use fact or more specifically the non-use in a more careful manner.

My background is beef cattle production as a profession.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

The boards on eBay Canada are very focussed, and deal very specifically with the situation being discussed.

People who want to be argumentative, learn to adjust  or they leave.

We discuss situations  and come up with answers to problems. 

Canadian sellers on eBay have learned how to adjust, and constantly adjust,  and in many situations  compete effectively with sellers on eBay.com.

Without that ability to adjust, we could never be able to sell in an effective manner on eBay.

Many come here to read, and sometimes they present something new and we answer in a careful and effective manner

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

1. Oh good, you were able to read it.  There are a lot of Alternate Barbies around.
  2. Clare Danes on the red carpet a couple of years ago.
  3. .
  4. I almost have my latte addiction under control.
  5. One of the best 'understand science' sites going. Even better than the Centre for Disease Control's "how to survive the zombie apocalypse' page.
  6. Part of 2017's Canada 150 celebrations. Taken at Ottawa's Byward Market just before the battle.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

Remember  that seller that argued very vocally... very definitive ...that eBay fees contained GST/HST.. hidden in the fees charged a seller.

We had a major discussion that eBay edited very carefully to present the correct information

eBay said .... No ... but the seller still followed his rule that eBay fees contained "hidden" GST/HST.

Guess what eBay does do now?......  as of July 1, 2017..... Wonder what that seller does now when he reports his Input Tax Credit for GST/HST.

Wonder if that seller was reported to the Canada Revenue Agency.

That discussion was boring..... We drilled many holes in that seller's claims!!!

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

I could freak-out once in awhile if you all think that might liven things up. 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

Quote:
The boards on eBay Canada are very focussed, and deal very specifically with the situation being discussed.

People who want to be argumentative, learn to adjust  or they leave.

We discuss situations  and come up with answers to problems. 
------------
Thank heavens, the .com boards are horribly over-run with unhelpful posts.
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

I don't think I could participate in a Discussion Board where the norm is for people to yell at each other over things that no one knows anything about. 

http://iheartintelligence.com/2015/05/07/internet-troll-discovered/

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

I could freak-out once in awhile if you all think that might liven things up. 

Boring Boards

(Me, frantically googling 'old farmer jokes'.)

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

Aw, come on! Give us a hint at least. Like, "Did you hear about the Old Farmer who....." My google search has way too many oooooooooos for me to know which one to which you're referring. 

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

Something to do with old grampy undergoing a tax audit... he ended up besting the auditor and his own lawyer on a ridiculous bet.
Message 15 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

There was once a board on eBay.com where sellers hung buyers for all to see.

It was a combination of Dodge City, OK Corral and High Noon...

eBay dumped that discussion and those from that board left or adjusted....

People still get bashed on eBay.com... but more gently in many situations.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

THAT'S A GOOD ONE. http://boredomtherapy.com/irs-joke/ Warning: NSFW. 

edit: Actually, totally suitable for work if your workplace is like mine. Solitary in a dank basement. 

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

It took me a solid minute to spot the body.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

I do remember a discussion when someone did some bashing.

Every reply by this seller was ignored  and the discussion continued as if this seller said nothing.

A very interesting read, as it took me a while to figure out what was happening.

That seller is gone, gone, gone...

--------------------------------------

The same with the seller  with the  GST/HST claim with respect to eBay fees.  This seller has returned... once... and appeared too much out of place.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Boring Boards

I am just too Canadian to enjoy conflict. People who know me in real life would never accuse me of backing down from a fight but I pick my battles. Getting into inflammatory discussions with random people is not how I want to pass my time. I wouldn't come here if this place was like that, I simply would not be able to tolerate it. My time and energy is too precious to waste getting worked up over nothing.

Yet for some folks, this type of turmoil is a lifestyle.

I don't need the drama, I have lifetime supply already with four kids. 

Message 20 of 35
latest reply