Incoming parcels 'Out For Delivery' for two consecutive days in Winnipeg

I realize that with the stat holidays, Canada Post may be running late this week but I've had eight incoming parcels marked 'Out For Delivery' for two consecutive days now in Winnipeg. (I have a LOT of birthdays in my family immediately after Christmas, yes, I do.)

I've called Canada Post and was alerted to the fact there was an advisory for some minor weather we had yesterday (nothing showed up on my tracking page about this and it didn't stop anyone I know from going to work or going about their daily business, it's typical winter weather for here) that might explain not getting these things when the delivery standard indicated which was yesterday but nothing that would excuse them not arriving at all today. These parcels have all been sitting in Winnipeg since Dec. 31, actually, waiting out the stats. 

Anyone else seeing this service in other parts of the country? Or is it a Winnipeg phenomena? 

The Canada Post 1-800-number guy said there might be contract delivery workers bringing the parcels as late as 8 pm. I've never seen it here but I'd be happy if that were the case. I can't just not leave the house for a half a week in case my parcels arrive when I'm out. One of the items is Signature Required and the others I don't want left in a six foot tall pile at the door. 

I thought it odd. Usually, the incoming service is fairly flawless and I have a great letter carrier but I think he's on holidays this week. It didn't look like he was the guy who brought my lettermail today. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

All it has said for the lasts 2 days is "out for delivery"?  I'd be annoyed too if it was me.  At least that is better than "Delivered" when you don't have it, like that article you posted before Christmas about the woman who had to personally take TWO parcels to neighbors because they were wrongly delivered to her.  So yours might be on a truck somewhere.  

Never mind about the 1-800 guy, do you think you might have any luck (or get better info) if you called your local postal outlet where you go to mail things?  The manager there might actually know for sure what gives with the parcels in your neighborhood.  You won't have to go in, by this time I am sure the manager will know you on the phone.  

Curiosity got me and I looked up your weather.  -40.  Yikes!

winterpeg.jpg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

They came they came they came the doorbell rang at 7 pm and they came, I could have kissed the guy.

Six weeks after Christmas and I have all these birthdays plus the ones the kids get invited to and now I actually have the gifts to give them.

Although I don't *get* the big online retailers who ship each item in a ten-item order separately. I got markers in a bubble mailer, and colluding books bent sideways in a box. How do they make any money this way?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Colouring books, I mean.
Colluding books, sheesh.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

lol!  That gave me a good chuckle.  You do sound pleased!   🙂  

I figure these major retailers must have a shipping deal where they pay less than the rest of us.  Either that or they have decided it is the best way to avoid complaints, or INRs, or something.  Something that has the separate-package system result in the biggest bottom line at the end of it all.  (?)  

It sounds like you have your hands full now!   All you need now is more hands.  

indian goddess.jpg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

More hands, I wrote a post elsewhere about that once, I'll see if I can find it again, I should copy it to this thread.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply