Midnight...AHA! Merry Christmas! We slid past PrLstgs, Sell Sim and most of the US Goodies.

But on we go. Thanks to the ever patient "boardies" for your guidance. Best wishes. Let's all ask Santa for lower fees, an end to "pay to play" ie promoted listings and a prosperous and equal playground for Canadian sellers.

I don't know about you folks but I'm running down the stairs to see if that's in my stocking. 

I hope Santa doesn't use eBay Int Shipping to Canada... In that case it will take a few more weeks..,

Kidding aside Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you.

InTimeWithMusic

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Midnight...AHA! Merry Christmas! We slid past PrLstgs, Sell Sim and most of the US Goodies.

Mostly chocolate,a white orchid, and a daytimer book in my stocking. 

I mostly want lower Canada Post fees for tracking since not all my venues have deals like eBay's on Tracked Parcel USA.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Mostly chocolate,a white orchid, and a daytimer book in my stocking. 

I mostly want lower Canada Post fees for tracking since not all my venues have deals like eBay's on Tracked Parcel USA.

@femmefan1946 

Houston...I think we have a problem.... when it costs 33.00 to ship a 300 gram package from AB to NS and 11.00 to ship the same parcel from AB to FL. Almost like reverse free trade. Hey, maybe they (CP) will tinker with new small prepaid box and make it ummmm..deeper? Hey, just a thought!!

-Lotz

@intimewithmusic 

Re: Getting rid of Pay to play....Good one!!!  🤣

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1703570316189.jpeg

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

when it costs 33.00 to ship a 300 gram package from AB to NS

You must be leaving out dimensions there,

We can ship up to 300g with RegisteredLetter / Tracking for 4.44 +9.75= 14.19 provided the shipment is less than 2cm thick.

Regular Parcel for 17x10x10 @ 299g would be $22.38

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/tools/find-a-rate.page

And that's before any discounts from Solutions for Small Business or from eBay labels.

It's cheaper to ship a pound of lead than a pound of feathers because of bulk.

For USA with tracking, we do have a current promotion, that will last until March (Huzzah!)

But the regular price for that 17x10x10 /299gr* would be $16.38.

Cheaper but not as great a difference as you think.

*The $11.87 rate seems to be the normal rate for Tracked Packet USA up to 250gr

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

when it costs 33.00 to ship a 300 gram package from AB to NS

You must be leaving out dimensions there,

We can ship up to 300g with RegisteredLetter / Tracking for 4.44 +9.75= 14.19 provided the shipment is less than 2cm thick.

Regular Parcel for 17x10x10 @ 299g would be $22.38

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/tools/find-a-rate.page

And that's before any discounts from Solutions for Small Business or from eBay labels.

It's cheaper to ship a pound of lead than a pound of feathers because of bulk.

For USA with tracking, we do have a current promotion, that will last until March (Huzzah!)

But the regular price for that 17x10x10 /299gr* would be $16.38.

Cheaper but not as great a difference as you think.

*The $11.87 rate seems to be the normal rate for Tracked Packet USA up to 250gr

The parcel was 33 x 15 x 15 cm. So letter would be out of the question. As for 33.00 and 11.00 those were discounted with Canadian including the fuel and tax. USA smaller fuel surcharge. The only prepaid box would be the largest size which would be more than the amount noted after GST. Because of the insane shipping the buyer was not interested in my reduced offer. (FL was only noted for comparison.)

https://www.ebay.ca/shp/Calculator

-Lotz

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

Whenever I sell something if slightly bulky I see how much cubing factors in for anything sent in Canada. I always package everything in the smallest & lightest box I can safely get away with.  Throw in cubing and a 250 gram package magically becomes 600 grams. It displays on the label if cubing was used without showing the original measurements. As for the eBay calculator it does not show that cubing was used....only the final rate.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I get the "when pigs fly" but at aloss for meaning of the cinder blocks... ;>}

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

I get the "when pigs fly" but at aloss for meaning of the cinder blocks... ;>}

@intimewithmusic 

It it's on the wall of the public library in Canmore. That way when anyone asks you "when pigs fly" you can show them it is possible!!!  😉

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hmm... "Possibilities when pigs fly?"..

That says a lot about your Priemer's move towards new frontiers....Does she happen to live in Canmore?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply