Unable to print ebay labels with 61% discount after 40 hours

Finally sold a couple of items this week to a couple of buyers from the US. Practically no sales for past couple of months and now cannot print labels for either. Been trying for past 40 hours or so. Keep on getting an error message. Oops try again later.

Ebay said they are aware of the problem and it would be fixed within 48 hours. 48 hours is almost here and still no go. One buyer paid $35.35 shipping cost, with discount its $16.48.  A $20 saving almost.  Other one almost the same.  A $16.00 saving. 

If I take the items to the post office will I get that discount or is it just for ebay sellers.

Frustrating. First buyer is aware of the problem and is waiting it out but now I have another one and a parcel that needs to go out today.  And how long is a buyer supposed to wait. They will eventually just ask to cancel the deal. Ridiculous. 

Offering something that doesn't work. How convenient.  I was assured that they would remove defects because its not my doing. Is that true. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Urgent. Fix required before weekend kicks in for the sellers having this problem and its first reports were well over 48 hours ago.

-Lotz

Luke said in the eBay Canada booth this morning (as of a few minutes ago) that he thinks they've resolved the problem now. If anyone is still having issues in the next hour or so (after clearing the cache or logging in using private browsing mode), let me know and I'll try and pass it along to him while he's still there.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@luv4orphans wrote:

Finally sold a couple of items this week to a couple of buyers from the US. Practically no sales for past couple of months and now cannot print labels for either. Been trying for past 40 hours or so. Keep on getting an error message. Oops try again later.

Ebay said they are aware of the problem and it would be fixed within 48 hours. 48 hours is almost here and still no go. One buyer paid $35.35 shipping cost, with discount its $16.48.  A $20 saving almost.  Other one almost the same.  A $16.00 saving. 

If I take the items to the post office will I get that discount or is it just for ebay sellers.

Frustrating. First buyer is aware of the problem and is waiting it out but now I have another one and a parcel that needs to go out today.  And how long is a buyer supposed to wait. They will eventually just ask to cancel the deal. Ridiculous. 

Offering something that doesn't work. How convenient.  I was assured that they would remove defects because its not my doing. Is that true. 

@luv4orphans 

devon@ebay 

Urgent. Fix required before weekend kicks in for the sellers having this problem and its first reports were well over 48 hours ago.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

This happened to me too.  Sold two items this week.  I was able to purchase and print label for one and not the other.  Contacted E-Bay after 24 , 48  and 72 hrs. to report problem .  It apparently is an internal technical issue that they are working on.

We came to a resultion whereby I purchased directly through Canada Post.  Being that the prices are approx. 40% higher, EBay agreed to reimburse me with the difference.

I was able to ship and provide buyer with tracking number.  

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Okay.  48 hours is upon us and still not resolved. Both of these labels can't purchased through ebay.  One package is 2 days late. I have notified that buyer of the problem and told them I would reimburse the difference. So if ebay agrees to this, I am out either way. I will need to reimburse the buyer but meanwhile I have paid full price for that label. How does that work?

Other one sale happened last night but I will need to advise the buyer of the delay also. That one I could go that route but not very honest thing to do. They paid $35.00, I take item to post office they still pay $35.00, ebay refunds me $20.00. Discount shipping for who?

I have a 1 day window to ship. I do not want to lose these sales because of ebay's mishaps. First one will be 5 days late now as weekend is here. I have an appointment and need to go. Wow

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

-Lotz

Luke said in the eBay Canada booth this morning (as of a few minutes ago) that he thinks they've resolved the problem now. If anyone is still having issues in the next hour or so (after clearing the cache or logging in using private browsing mode), let me know and I'll try and pass it along to him while he's still there.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

-Lotz

@flipistics 

@luv4orphans 

@hiddentreasures58 

Could you pass on to Luke that as sellers we can access the dot ca/dot com status pages but they never actually show when there is an important relevant issue that is known by eBay. (Always, for as long as I have checked just shown everything is running smoothly.)  From any sellers having issues  they are left to keep testing and hoping for the best. Not a great solution when sellers are on a deadline for processing parcels etc.  (When I have had any issues with creating labels I now go to CP's status page  directly vs eBay's because it is a better gauge of what is going on and when/if something has been resolved or is still being worked on.)

-Lotz

PS. Just did a quick look back. This issue was first reported Sept 21, 2023 so well over 48 hours ago.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Could you pass on to Luke that as sellers we can access the dot ca/dot com status pages but they never actually show when there is an important relevant issue that is known by eBay. (Always, for as long as I have checked just shown everything is running smoothly.)  From any sellers having issues  they are left to keep testing and hoping for the best. Not a great solution when sellers are on a deadline for processing parcels etc.  (When I have had any issues with creating labels I now go to CP's status page  directly vs eBay's because it is a better gauge of what is going on and when/if something has been resolved or is still being worked on.)

-Lotz

Done

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I am still having this issue - it has not been resolved.  Cleared my cache in two different browsers.  Logged back in.  It has not helped.  Have 2 packages to send asap!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Hi there! I'm sorry you're still experiencing this. I've just messaged you to get some more information on this particular order to help our team troubleshoot.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@luv4orphans 

@pennypauper 

Try printing your labels in bulk shipping. It has worked for others.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Okay thanks. Will check it out shortly. Just got in a short while ago. 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Its finally working for me. Just a pop up after to advise me about dimensions which might be off. 

Box is 38x29x 8

Then I get this on pop up

Length 38

Gerth 118 plus some random numbers not sure where they come from. Maybe some can explain why its 118 gerth from numbers above. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I tried that earlier as I saw this on another post and it wasn't working. Clear cache, switch browser. Problem seems to be resolved on my end. Hopefully it stays that way. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

Its finally working for me. Just a pop up after to advise me about dimensions which might be off. 

Box is 38x29x 8

Then I get this on pop up

Length 38

Gerth 118 plus some random numbers not sure where they come from. Maybe some can explain why its 118 gerth from numbers above. 

Not sure where the girth number is from unless you originally input the numbers in inches and it's a rounding difference?

I did read up again about the sizes though, and tracked packet is supposed to have one side at least 5.5" (140mm) long. I think I sent some 5x5x5 boxes out earlier today. Oops! I guess we shouldn't be sending something out in less than a 6x4x4 if using tracked packet.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I did read up again about the sizes though, and tracked packet is supposed to have one side at least 5.5" (140mm) long. I think I sent some 5x5x5 boxes out earlier today. Oops! I guess we shouldn't be sending something out in less than a 6x4x4 if using tracked packet

I wouldn't worry about it although you might have to put in slightly higher numbers when you print a label through eBay or use the calculated shipping.  When you use the Canada Post calculator or print a label somewhere other than eBay, the smaller measurements work. My 'theory' is that the minimums CP posts are the Minimum costs but they will accept smaller packages.  So if the minimum  is 140 mm but if the longest side is 120mm, you will be charged at the 140 mm rate.  

That is how it is worked for me in the past with small packet, tracked packet and expedited USA. EBayseems to be the only one that follow the posted minimums with their calculator and labels.   Before eBay labels, PayPal  labels had the same minimums.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I did read up again about the sizes though, and tracked packet is supposed to have one side at least 5.5" (140mm) long. I think I sent some 5x5x5 boxes out earlier today. Oops! I guess we shouldn't be sending something out in less than a 6x4x4 if using tracked packet

I wouldn't worry about it although you might have to put in slightly higher numbers when you print a label through eBay or use the calculated shipping.  When you use the Canada Post calculator or print a label somewhere other than eBay, the smaller measurements work. My 'theory' is that the minimums CP posts are the Minimum costs but they will accept smaller packages.  So if the minimum  is 140 mm but if the longest side is 120mm, you will be charged at the 140 mm rate.  

That is how it is worked for me in the past with small packet, tracked packet and expedited USA. EBayseems to be the only one that follow the posted minimums with their calculator and labels.   Before eBay labels, PayPal  labels had the same minimums.

@pjcdn2005 

@flipistics 

luke@ebay 

Shippo never followed the minimums so wasn't an issue. Seems to be the biggest place for it being a problem is creating a listing. It will let you with below minimum measurements but won't display to the buyer as a valid option until purchase and label creation. You get an error message within eBay creating a listing if you are over on the measurements. Examples 2.100 Kg for Small Packet Air or Tracked USA/Intl. 

-Lotz

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I printed 2 labels today with eBay labels. The one to US with Tracked Packet was easy-peasy with no problems first try the normal way. The one within Canada wouldn't work (purchase label was grey) so I tried the suggested "Bulk labels" option and then it worked.

I did notice right at the top of the page was a warning that they were having some issues but was able to get both labels at the reduced price.

Thanks very much to all those who've posted here, I was prepared because of the heads up and advice/suggestions given and it worked.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

I printed 2 labels today with eBay labels. The one to US with Tracked Packet was easy-peasy with no problems first try the normal way. The one within Canada wouldn't work (purchase label was grey) so I tried the suggested "Bulk labels" option and then it worked.

I did notice right at the top of the page was a warning that they were having some issues but was able to get both labels at the reduced price.

Thanks very much to all those who've posted here, I was prepared because of the heads up and advice/suggestions given and it worked.

devon@ebay 

luke@ebay 

With a recent sale now seeing the following message:

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1696132683074.png

Technically it's an ebay Labels problem. Nice this message is there. Problem being it does not include the suggestion about attempting to use the Bulk Label option as a "possible" work around.

You could use CP directly but that negates the special level 4 discount and access to Expedited lite for Canada. 

-Lotz

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1696132962444.png

CP Status page (at this time) is only showing a temporary issue with tracking.

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1696133068941.png

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I printed one again this morning with Tracked Packet and there were no problems or work arounds so it may indeed just be "intermittent issue" though I agree it's not a Canada Post issue since I also used my free code with Canada Post directly and that worked fine.

On a separate note (wouldn't relate to the label issue) I believe Canada Post is one of the government/crown corporations that are closed tomorrow for the Day of Truth and Reconcilliation (since the 30th was a Saturday). My outlet at Shoppers Drug mart is still open but there will be no pick up or delivery tomorrow by Canada Post themselves.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

It got resolved late Friday. Nothing moving thru the post office though until Tuesday now. One sale took 6 days before it goes out. Explained everything to the buyers involved.  Hopefully I don't get a late shipment rating from one of them. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply