Unsolicited items showing up in my watch list

Why is this happening? Almost every day I find items in my watch list that I didn't add to the list. Is there a way to stop this? I'll be closing my account asap if not. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member
Does anybody else have access to the computer or device you use for eBay?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

FWIW- things being on your Watch list is meaningless. You don't have to do anything with them. I use mine to remember sellers with products I often order (ie more than once every two years).

However, you should be the only one with access to your account and able to add things to the List. Do you ever leave eBay without checking out?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I noticed lately that in addition to items I've actually added to my watch list, I get notifications for items I only looked at. I get the "an item you were interested in ends in a few hours" messages all the time (I look at lots of stuff!) even though I never added them (but admitedly had peeked!) Otherwise, as others have said maybe someone else uses your computer?

I don't mind this too much...as a seller too I figure anyone who was looking at my stuff might get a reminder and look again...you never know.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@msau4301 

So those are emails about Viewed items, but not additions to your Watch List, right?

@bouwch_33 

Is this your experience? Or are these strange items actually on your Watch List?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes you are correct, they don't appear in my "Watch List", but they do notify me that the item is ending soon by email and also if I have my phone near by the app version sends me a notification (I get that harp music sound) telling me too. I wasn't sure if that was what he meant.

I see you have asked him, I'm curious the answer!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply