Paypal personal or business account

Im a new seller on ebay. I got my first order but I haven't received payment. Then I  realized my paypal account is PERSONAL ... I upgraded to BUSINESS account today.

I just wonder I havent receive payment because of personal account?  also Seller should use paypal business account only?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal account status (personal/business) does not matter for getting paid.

Has the Buyer paid you yet?

Check the order details.

Do you have the correct email set up for PayPal?

Are you enrolled in  eBay's Managed Payments?

Managed Payments does not use PayPal for paying Sellers.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I don't see any sold items on file for you when I look you up.  How were you notified that you'd sold something?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I got one sold , but never received the payment...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The buyer hasnt paid yet.

Correct email

I havent registered Managed Payment.

Thank you for answering!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@sakura_anime_japan wrote:

Im a new seller on ebay. I got my first order but I haven't received payment. Then I  realized my paypal account is PERSONAL ... I upgraded to BUSINESS account today.

I just wonder I havent receive payment because of personal account?  also Seller should use paypal business account only?

For new sellers there can  be a delay/hold on funds arriving. It can also be connected to certain types of items. See attached links.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold-managed-pa...

https://www.ebay.ca/help/account/account-holds-restrictions-suspensions/account-holds-restrictions-s...

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis 

Are you enrolled in eBay's Managed Payments?

At the moment, new sellers are not being enrolled in Managed Payments.

We can see whether sellers are by looking to see if they accept GooglePay or ApplePay, which are part of the MP package but not available to PP.

@sakura_anime_japan 

The buyer hasnt paid yet.

Be very careful. You are selling in a high value/high fraud category.

Never ship until you are sure the payment has arrived.

It is possible for a member (buyer or seller) to mark a purchase Paid on eBay, even if there has not been a PP payment. This is because some transactions are in person and in cash and then this becomes useful. Occasionally, however, this is used fraudulently.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply