System Glitch - Funds not returned to my Gift Cards!

sweet_si
Community Member

Hi all, 

This is the second time this has happened to me. 

In July 2021 I had $500 in gift cards ($200, $200, $100). According to eBay, the system glitched and the transaction was cancelled while I was in the process of paying. I received some of the funds back to my gift cards, but due to calculation errors with CAD to USD (they suspect) I was short refunded $181.00 CAD in total. I tried called eBay for 6 months to get an update and was told the same thing over and over; "we put in a ticket, the Gift Card department will be in touch in 48-72 hours"... nothing was ever resolved. 

Today, I had a $150 CAD gift card to use. I paid for my item with the gift card, and the balance on my Visa. The Visa was charged, everything looked good until hours later I got an email saying that my payment failed and I would have to retry. I discovered at that time that my Gift Card balance was not reversed and when I called Customer Service, they told me it seems to have been a system problem, nothing to do with you or your fault, and that "we put in a ticket, the Gift Card department will be in touch in 48-72 hours" 

I have now lost nearly $400 CAD in legitimate gift cards that I receive from my employer. 

It is maddening and frustrating that no one is willing or able to help with this ongoing issue. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated here. 

heidi@ebay - anything that you can help with? 

- Stephanie 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

Heidi helps out on the dot-com discussion boards, as far as I know.  The Canadian eBay discussion boards just have one eBay liason, and that's Tyler.

Have you tried contacting eBay employees (not contracted call-centre employees) through eBay's Chat feature or through its Facebook or Twitter pages?  Chat is probably accessible through the same set of help pages you used to contact the call centre workers by phone.  There's links to the Facebook and Twitter pages on the bottom of most of the eBay.ca desktop pages.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

romat-2290
Community Member
Did they resolve it for you? I'm having the same issue but none of the call centre agents are of help they all start an investigation but does nothing
Message 4 of 4
latest reply