Can I ship the item from another country

I just made my account at ebay Canada , and living in Canada too.  My family is living in Asia and shipping items to me. Is it possible if my family can ship to buyer from Asia so that they dont need to ship to me first and I can save shipping  cost?  Or it will be problem? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Qualified yes.

As long as your listing shows that the item for sale is being shipped from your home country it is okay.

That way the Buyer will be able to know that their purchase may take longer to arrive and might have taxes and duty to be paid when it crosses the border.

When listing you will not be able to use calculated shipping on eBay.CA, but will need to use a flat shipping cost for Canada.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Off the top of my head, that would be a form of 'dropshipping'.

You and your family agree (contract) that you will find the customer and handle the payment, and they will package and ship directly.

The most important thing is Shipping.

The Location on the Listing is the location of the item-- not your location.

This allows the customer to decide if she will wait a little longer and perhaps pay duty and sales tax on her doorstep when the item arrives from Asia.

Your shipping cost is not a factor for your customer. Of course it is important to you.

There is also the question of trust. Some customers are suspicious of goods shipped directly from overseas and would prefer to purchase from a Canadian source-- even if the item itself is identical.Even if the "Canadian " item is more expensive.

It is often less expensive to ship from overseas to a specific Canadian address than it would be for the seller to import a quantity and ship within Canada and hope to sell them all.

This might be useful.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 3 of 3
latest reply