Canada Post Rates 2017

Has anyone made a chart for the new mailing rates. Also on what date do the new rates start?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Canada Post Rates 2017

no, I always use regular shipping for Canadian packages so Venture discounts, Paypal discounts etc don't apply.  But you just gave me an idea as to what might be going on. 

I think it's the regular rates that have gone way up in January. Expedited and express probably only went up a bit.....since most sellers on here probably use expedited they wouldn't notice a huge rate increase, the way I have because of using regular shipping rates.  But from what I can tell doing some experimenting, CP's regular rates for packages went way up in January.....i'm talking 25% or more way up to most locations I've sampled.

thank you for your responses, it's been appreciated.

Message 61 of 68
latest reply

Canada Post Rates 2017

The Solutions for Small Business membership is free. It gets you access to expedited service which is faster and has insurance included. You'd be wise to join up. Or at least look into it. You can do that at your postal counter. We sell in the same category and your postage costs within Canada may be causing you to lose potential customers. 

With the card, you present it as you buy postage, you still won't have to pre-print your labels. 

Message 62 of 68
latest reply

Canada Post Rates 2017

And with the card, expedited would cost you less (I think by five per cent) than regular and get it there faster with insurance included. Plus, postage refund if the delivery standard fails. Win-win. 

Message 63 of 68
latest reply

Canada Post Rates 2017

ok, i'll look into it for sure.  Thanks for the great tip.

Message 64 of 68
latest reply

Canada Post Rates 2017

You really should look into printing your postage from PayPal (via eBay) - Expedited shipping with up to 18% discount vs regular parcel with a 5% discount at the Post Office could make a real difference to your bottom line over the course of a year.  All you need is a printerSmiley Happy.  It's very easy to do, and will give you considerable savings compared to the counter discount with CP Solutions card.  There are also eBay/PayPal discounts for Tracked Packet, 14% I think.  Expedited can be sent to Canada or US, Tracked Packet to US and several international countries.  Read the Canada Post website for minimum/maximum weights and dimensions, and come back here with any questions.  There are lots of posters here to love to help - Good Luck!!

Message 65 of 68
latest reply

Canada Post Rates 2017

I believe the over the counter 5% discount is with expedited, not regulR parcel.  I'm guessing it is a similar discount for tracked packet.  

OP as others have mentioned, printing your labels for line is often less expensive, If you have the small business card you can also print your labels directly on the canadapost website where there are also various discounts.  In some cases, the discounts may be better than PP shipping discounts.

Message 66 of 68
latest reply

Canada Post Rates 2017

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I believe the over the counter 5% discount is with expedited, not regular parcel.  ...

The Solutions for Small Business card gives you a discount for both at the counter.

The card is required to buy expedited parcel at the counter.

No reason to buy regular at the counter if you have the card, when for the same price, expedited has $100 insurance included and a delivery time guarantee (or postage refunded).

Still, as you say, there is more cost savings if bought online rather than at the counter.

-..-

Message 67 of 68
latest reply

Canada Post Rates 2017

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 68 of 68
latest reply