EBay just denied my appeal for a case opened by a buyer and refunded his money .

EBay just denied my appeal for a case opened by a buyer and refunded his money . The following is a massage I sent to the buyer that can explain the  case. also I have delivery conformation. Can someone please explain to me how can eBay refund a buyer payment even after delivery conformation. I am out my item and out the money.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

This is what I wrote:

Dear,

I don't know what kind of game you are playing.
You opened a case with eBay and you won the case,  and eBay refunded your money from my account, I am unhappy.
You sir paid for item from my store, there was a delay in shipping your item, I contacted you before i ship the item to make sure you still want me to ship it, and offered you a refund of $17 to make up for the delay, your reply to me was that you are OK with the $17 refund, and to go ahead and ship the item.
So now I don't have my item or the money for the item.
I need my item or the money for my item PLEASE

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

EBay just denied my appeal for a case opened by a buyer and refunded his money .

What kind of delay ?     Did you list an item you did not have in stock ?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I know that it is frustrating but telling a buyer that they are playing a game isn't going to help them to see your side.

It's odd that ebay would give a refund when you could show that there was delivery confirmation. Was the item delivered after the refund was made?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No I did have the item, but what happened is I printed the shipping label, I asked my wife to take the item to the post office for me because I had to go out of town for 4 days when I came back found out she forgot to ship it, so I was late on shipping the item about 5 days, that is when I contacted the buyer and offered him $17 refund.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If the claim was put in before delivery then ebay will side with the buyer. 

If a claim was opened, be very careful to not respond to the buyer unless you want it to be instantly escalated to ebay. As soon as you respond in the claim, even to say 'hello'  they can escalate. 

It's best to respond outside of the claim via regular ebay email and wait out the maximum days if it's a delivery issue before responding.

If a claim is decided against you and then later you have proof of delivery, you can appeal it with ebay. This is about the only appeal that will actually work AFAIK. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A message to a buyer with the phrase " I don't know what kind of game you are playing"  is begging for trouble.

To the best of my knowledge it's not possible for a buyer to open a case for some time after the purchase and/or payment date(s).

I know that this is true for items coming from the States and the time lag is around 3 weeks.

It sounds like you're saying that you shipped 5 days after payment but refunded the buyer $17 to make up for the delay. (That was a mistake.)

Then, even though the item has delivery confirmation and showed as delivered that the buyer was able to open a case within a very short time of purchase.

Something doesn't quite fit.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I called eBay and I found out that there was misunderstanding by me, the money was not refunded to the buyer.

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to reply to my question.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply