How to check your dings.

I read about buyers getting dings and dinged.
Are dings real and if so how do I check my dings?
How do I know if dings are affecting my sales?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How to check your dings.

You can check for any defects by going to your seller summary page and clicking on your seller dashboard summary. This will tell you how eBay views you as a seller. Any defects do drop off after 12 months.

Well, I see you are top rated so you must be doing okay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How to check your dings.

There is a lot of jargon and inside slang used on the Boards.

Like 'pinkslapped' which is meaningless and even out of date now that the eBay staff are using blue borders instead of pink backgrounds in their reponses.

NARU is another.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How to check your dings.

I've never used the term 'ding' in the context of an ebay situation but I would imagine it means: (a) defects or late shipment marks for a seller and/or (b) unpaid item strikes for a buyer.

With regular posters on ebay Community, it's easy to fall into the jargon trap that is meaningless to the new users who come here seeking advice. In that respect, I fall back on my training as a journalist: the first time an unwieldy term is used, it is spelled out in full. The second time that term is used, it is spelled out in full again but with the acronym added in parenthesis immediately afterwards. And the third time the term is used, it may be used as the acronym without restraint. 

Example: If you get a message from ebay stating the item you bought has been removed and discover the seller is now suddenly Not a Registered User, you may have cause for complaint. Check your Estimated Delivery Dates. If that Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) has passed and you still have nothing, it's time to immediately go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received case against the seller who is Not a Registered User (NARU). Be sure to cite that the seller is NARU when opening that Item Not Received (INR) case. Without proof of delivery within the EDD, the INR will close against the NARU in your favour as the buyer. 

Clear as mud, correct? From a Canadian Press style point-of-view, it is. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How to check your dings.

Thanks
Message 5 of 5
latest reply