I am trying to list items with the new listing method and as I am in Canada it wont let me

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I am trying to list items with the new listing method and as I am in Canada it wont let me

Need more info!

What happens when you try listing on .com? I presume that is where you have the issue since all your current listings are on .ca

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Just to add more info as the intial post wouldnt allow me. When I go to list an item under the new method I am redirected from .ca to .com which then seems to assume that I am shipping from the US and wont allow me to select my usual local Candian postal carriers only US options.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Are you clicking on another sellers listing when you try to start your listing?  If you click on a listing that originated on .com you will automatically be transfered to the US site.  What happens when you click on one of your current listings and choose 'sell similar'?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have tried it from the main page and also have tried form the sellers hub  several times on different pcs and devices which all lead me to the same point when I select the condtion of the item as I am starting the lsiting it switches me to .com from .ca and if I try to just change it to .ca it directs me to a balnk eBay page. I think it might be some kind of glitch as it only just started with the updates the other day as 2 days ago I was able to list a couple items without issue before the update.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you want to list in US dollars, and many Canada registered sellers do, you can only use Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location.

That's the trade off.

I put most of my listings which can travel by Letter Rate (a flat price) on dotCOM and only list on dotCA items that must travel by Parcel Rates, which are based on dimensions, weight, and destination.

We don't specify the carrier or name the service. Just Standard Shipping or Express Shipping.

Pay attention to the estimated delivery times and choose based on that in comparison to your preferred carriers. 

This is not particularly new, the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad new form has been around for nearly two years, and the policy about listing only in the currency of the site, and therefore using Flat Rates,  for nearly ten.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You don't seem to have been selling often.

Are you registered for Managed Payments?

Without registering your chequing account from a Canadian bank, eBay is unable to transfer payments to you.

At the moment your payments are being Held for up to 30 days against your customer service, even though you were able to buy shipping labels with the Held funds.

If you don't have your MP account yet, work on that. You will need to provide some secondary identification. I used my passport and DH used his driving license.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I just tried to list using the create a template option. What I noticed immediatly is that the shipping options for Canada were there. I was able to successfully create a listing after I created and saved the template. So that option works for me now at least.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Looks like it is now resolved as it no longer redirects me to .com and I can select my usual Candian cariers for postage.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply