Forum Posts

Comic Book Grading Service. Worth It?

Looking for feedback from members that handle comics or cards, etc. I randomly picked up a stack of comics on a whim, and got lucky. There is one that sells from $350 US to $2,000 US. The ones above $1k are 9.8 out of 10 condition. I have never bough...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Understanding Income Tax on Ebay

I collect retro items and sometimes I add to my personal collection and sell the duplicates. I have tinkered with selling on eBay but wondered the rules for income tax etc. it is not clear to me. Can someone help? I want to be clear on what is accept...

Resolved! No more paypall

Hi All, just been asked by ebay for my personal bank account as they don't want to use paypall account anymore. So, just asking is that the case? no more paypall? that all worked fine for me. ls there an option for staying that way, with payments goi...

Listing Impressions

I have seen a dramatic drop in my impressions. From over a million to 400K. I did not raise my sponsered listing % from 1 to 2. I have taken a couple weeks off from listing new items. Can these be the only issues?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Increase in INR cases

Anyone selling and shipping lettermail and noticed an increase in INR cases recently too? I had only one in 1 year and half and now i just got two in 2 weeks. Both obvious scams. One is someone who asked to cancel a few hours after ordering but i cou...

Help with combining items

I have a buyer who wants 5 items. She asked if I could give a lower the cost on one of the items so I did that and it has come up as a sale for her. Now how can I add the other items that she wants?

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Worldwide shipping

Hello, Canadian seller here, I see a service called " Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs ", and then a dropdown menu where you can select " will ship worldwide ", I have this ticked off and when my friend from Italy tries to view...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Should I sell it

Hello, I am a new eBay Seller based in Canada and listed a couple of unused items at home to test eBay out. So I have 0 feedback yet. I just got an offer for a pair of shoes I listed. But I am very confused about the buyer and want to know how likely...

Changing a Seller I.D.

When I was selecting a seller name in 2011, I knew that I wanted something with Canadian in it. There were so many sellers of DVD's and CD's and I thought that that would give me a bit of an advantage in attracting Canadian buyers. And I've been fair...

Refund policy setup preferences

Was back n forth-- with eBay support after a refund was requested. In the end one of the support members suggested setting up a partial refund policy intsesd of a no refund policy Does it matter much? What's been your experience? Whats your policy? T...

Send Offers

I was wondering if any one else is experiencing a problem with sending offers to buyers? For me it has been around 16 hours that this feature does not even show up!

eBay.ca label printing still broken!

Well after almost a year eBay.ca's label printing system is still broken. Today I had to use it for a parcel to the USA due to Shippo not updating with my order info. So I discovered the problems below still exist. When using the system to creat a la...

promo listing% changing all the time on listings

have a question for all at large -- i have been over the last couple of weeks redoing some of my listings each day -- changing this-- changing that-- combining this and that--- lowering prices-- raising prices lowering prices raising shipping rates -...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

GST - 2022

I am a small Canadian seller that dropships items to customers mainly in the U.S. and internationally, with a few Canadian customers as well. I just contacted eBay today, and they said that they automatically charge the taxes, depending on the countr...

Shipping date estimates?

I recently sold my first item, a used video game, on July 16th. The buyer is from Thailand, got standard Small Packet Intl (Surface) shipping. They've opened a DNR after 1 month from the buying (and shipping) date, and ebay is backing them up, saying...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! What is your opinion of the new fee structure for Promoting Listings?

Prior to July 1 I had a good proportion of my listings with promoted attached. Due to the new fee structure I ended running promotions June 30th as a test. At that time I had an abrupt fall off the cliff end of sales. Previous experience with sales o...

Ebay Taxes? Cra?

Having difficult understanding if I have to or not have to report my sales/earnings on here. I have about 5k in sales and made a profit of 1.5k. Highest item that was sold for was $1000 before postage. The items are from my collection. I don’t have a...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Heads Up, .com Economy Shipping times are Messed up Again

I just noticed this on a sale where I provided options for untracked economy and tracked standard shipping.The time frame for economy is tighter than for standard. There have been similar glitches in the past, which had been resolved for a good while...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

New listing experience

I am now able to do listing from my iPad for US items but it is going to the new listing experience (not on Canadian items). I am not keen on the new experience. Am an old dog who is tired of learning new tricks. Is there a way to keep the old listin...

ebay - Small Claims Court

Hi guys, I sold a game console in December 2021. I uploaded the tracking, order was delivered in December, everything was good.In February, a buyer opened a dispute saying he didn't receive the console. I was away for work and I missed the dispute no...

Ebay has gone downhill. I am done, after 21 years.

I have read so many of these posts, and everytime I am like "yep" but I still around.I think I am walking away.Tyler has been a great resource, but he is carrying the weight of the company, and is definately due some serious respect. I am tired of ha...

Capture.JPG
  • 7 replies
  • 2 helpful

IPad listing problems for US items?

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue, started a few days ago. I do a lot of my eBay on my iPad. I am having trouble trying to relist or sell similar items for US dollar items when doing on my iPad. It started that it would open the item but ...

Ebay App Problems

I am suddenly having problems using the app to post items. It won't let me select BIN, shipping options etc. If I do manage to successfully create a listing, when I hit list the blue circle just spins. I end up having to exit and nothing gets saved. ...

How to increase traffic and sales ?

Hello !I have been selling on eBay for a while and realized that my sells have gone down. I have tried below tactics- Decrease the qty to 2-3 units- Offer Free Shipping- Reduced the handling to 1 business day- Tried to list new item one or twice in a...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels