QUESTION: On sending a return lable to a US buyer??

I'd appreciate any help or advice with this one! Been a seller for a long time and never had this issue.    Sold a doll to a buyer in the US for $1800. (Had NO idea it would be worth that much).  I paid their shipping cost - sent Xpresspost Canada Post for around $80.

When buyer (in California) got it she said she wasn't happy and wanted to return it .

I agreed to return it. She filed a return.  

I asked her to look into shipping costs from her place to mine, and she agreed she would.

I agreed to pay the return shipping but can not figure out how to send her a return lable. 

I called Canada Post and they said there is no way to buy a USPS label in Canada. 

I emailed Ebay and they say if she asks ebay to step in, they can make me send the refund ($1800) without the item being returned. 

The buyer is not communicating with me except to continue to insist that I send her the shipping lable.  How do I send her a shipping lable????

Sorry this is so long, hopefully someone has some info, I'd appreciate it so much! 🙂  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@oldhousejunk wrote:

I'd appreciate any help or advice with this one! Been a seller for a long time and never had this issue.    Sold a doll to a buyer in the US for $1800. (Had NO idea it would be worth that much).  I paid their shipping cost - sent Xpresspost Canada Post for around $80.

When buyer (in California) got it she said she wasn't happy and wanted to return it .

I agreed to return it. She filed a return.  

I asked her to look into shipping costs from her place to mine, and she agreed she would.

I agreed to pay the return shipping but can not figure out how to send her a return lable. 

I called Canada Post and they said there is no way to buy a USPS label in Canada. 

I emailed Ebay and they say if she asks ebay to step in, they can make me send the refund ($1800) without the item being returned. 

The buyer is not communicating with me except to continue to insist that I send her the shipping lable.  How do I send her a shipping lable????

Sorry this is so long, hopefully someone has some info, I'd appreciate it so much! 🙂  

Hi @oldhousejunk - sorry to hear that this transaction didn't work out as we'd hope!

It's true that you can't issue a return label directly through the return that they opened, but you can purchase a USPS label directly from Shippo and then send it to the buyer as an email. 

More info (and a link to get started with them) here!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I have used the Shippo label and it works even for a technodolt like me.

You may also find this useful:

https://dbcalc.usps.com/

to cross check your customer's reported cost.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply