Shipping from Canada to the US

What services are you guys using to ship stuff over - Canada Post, Chitchat, Stallion, Clickship, Swiftpost or others?

I offer free shipping to US buyers so i'm trying to minimize my shipping fees. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I stick with Canada Post and mostly am able to use letterpost and postage stamps bought at a discount.

I have the Solutions for Small Business card, so I get that discount on shipping labels.

You do know that Free Shipping means that you have included your shipping costs (including packaging and insurance) in your asking price.

For example, if you want to get $10 for your item and your shipping costs are $5, you would list the price as $15.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have used Chitchats in the past, currently using Stallion. For US bound shipments I use USPS but Stallion also has a lower cost option (slower) but it may only be viable for heavier packages.

Not that much to choose between the two of them although I believe Stallion is a bit less costly but fewer locations so that can be an issue depending on where you are shipping from.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I also offer free shipping to US buyers (the norm in the Car Parts category unfortunately).

Freight forwarding services like Chit Chats/Stallion is the way to go. UPS via NetParcel can be cheaper for heavier/bulkier items (vs USPS Priority). What service you end up using mainly depends on proximity and how much daily volume you do. You wouldn't drive across town to ship 1 package.... for me, ChitChats is the closest and has more locations in the GTA than Stallion, UPS store is a 5 mins walk.

I ship anything from tracked bubble mailers to 12 lbs radiators. I wouldn't advise using the cheaper shipping option (US Economy) offered by ChitChats, it's way slower and tracking only kicks in at the last mile.

@clemowbooks the CPC SBB discount is peanuts compared to Chit Chats (even at the highest level 4), especially for tracked US bound parcels

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes.

But sometimes the freight forwarder is on the other side of the water.

Chitchat and stallion both have good reputations and their fees are acceptable to those who can use them.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I use ClickShip. It's been great. I'm not sure how it compares to the other options, but it's much cheaper than Canada Post. Also, I have found thier customer service great. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It looks like with clickship you can print labels for carriers such as Fedex and UPS. Can you print Canada Post labels as well?  It looks like your listings show Canada Post.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply