Someone send me a messages on ebay how do I report them?

I got this email in my ebay message and I want to report them. One for selling bootlegs and the other posting their website.  How do I do that?

hello

for ROCK&METAL COLLECTORS

Original Japanese Bootleg CD&DVD Shop

their website was here. 

over 10,000 titles in shop

thanks !

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I thought there was a way to report a user through the eBay message itself, but I went in and checked a few messages I received from other users and can't find anything.

The only thing I could find on the help pages is to send the e-mail to spoof@ebay.com

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I thought about that, but I just may have to call ebay. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If it was an ebay message through the ebay system the message will include a link to report it -- look for the Trade Safely paragraph under Marketplace Safety Tip.  And reporting SPAM is way down at the bottom of the message.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

You could open up one of their auctions with a counterfeit item and hit the report.  But you'd be wasting your time because ebay won't do anything to sellers that violate their listing rules.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I looked a couple of times there is no link to report.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

They have nothing for sale, they are just selling off their website.  They shouldn't be sending email to other sellers or buyers to sell them bootlegs of CD through their website.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I looked a couple of times there is no link to report.

Here is what I see in an eBay email (on either My eBay or in my mailbox):

Trade safely. Beware of anyone who contacts you about buying or selling outside of eBay http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html. When you trade outside of eBay, you're not able to leave feedback or take advantage of protection programs and case resolution tools available on eBay. Report http://ocs.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=3002 an inappropriate email.

and

You can report this message at http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html as unsolicited (spam/spoof) email. Copyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

-..-

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I did send it to spoof so we will see.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Unless you phone, nothing happens. If 100 users (random number for demonstration purposes as staff are forbidden from revealing the actual number) from 100 unique ip addresses use a one of the web contact forms it get flagged for manual review, but otherwise it never gets looked at. Even if you call in all they can do is escalate it internally for review. I've gone through this cycle before, include reporting death threats. Getting something flagged for review can have an effect, but depending on the phone rep you may need to cycle through 2-3 people before you get someone who will either know how to push something up the chain or bother.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I got this email in my ebay message and I want to report them. One for selling bootlegs and the other posting their website.  How do I do that?

hello

for ROCK&METAL COLLECTORS

Original Japanese Bootleg CD&DVD Shop

their website was here. 

over 10,000 titles in shop

thanks !

Ebay can do nothing about non Ebay members emailing you. Ignore and delete instead of making a production out of it.

It happens all the time and has nothing to do with Ebay

I get them constantly on my websites as well as Ebay. I have better things to do than waste my time with them.

Unless you are trying to get free advertising on the discussion boards, you are wasting time you could be spending listing.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply