You need to update your account details by Jan 31, 2023 on file in order to avoid any issues.

Anyone got this? 

You need to update your account details by Jan 31, 2023 on file in order to avoid any issues with payouts in the future. 

They ask for my passport or DL? 

After selling here since 22 years? 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: You need to update your account details by Jan 31, 2023 on file in order to avoid any issues.

Are you new to managed payments or..... ?

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Re: You need to update your account details by Jan 31, 2023 on file in order to avoid any issues.

I use the MP since it started. Seriously, it's SCARY! 

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Would they just say "Hi" in the email or include your seller id after Hi? or Dear seller id perhaps would be more formal.

Just saying "Hi" seems weird....

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

It contained my name, which I removed.  I called them - got some generic lies. "We have changed the payment engine, so we need to verify again all our sellers", blah, blah, blah ...... 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Yikes! I've not seen anything like this, it seems suspicious. Don't give any information yet, see if anyone else has received this.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

An update!!!! At least they were really quick! It took around 2 minutes to "verify my indentity" (whatever it means!!!) 

Image3.jpg

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

An update!!!! At least they were really quick! It took around 2 minutes to "verify my indentity" (whatever it means!!!) 

Did you upload your information they required or..... ?

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@silverdreamfilm wrote:

Did you upload your information they required or..... ?

Sure, I did. Uploaded my DL and provided my SIN ..... 😖

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I suppose it happened because I had not enough money to pay my 2 months store subscription (188 dol.). So instead to charge my credit card on file, or just wait, they preferred to create all that mess.  Just 10 minutes later (!!!!) I sold an item and had 191 dollars in my MP account - enough to pay all the fees. It's silly!!!!! WOW, if they treat that way a Top Rated Plus seller who sold here 20.000 items, what they do to the new ones..? 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Hello,

I had this happen at this time last year.  What triggered it was that I moved and changed addresses.  As soon as I updated my address they held my payments and wanted to verify my identity. 

I suspect that they will need to do this for all accounts eventually.  They probably didn't force it at the time of the Managed Payments roll out because it would have created a larger mess.  Get everyone enrolled first then follow up for the verification later.  Just a guess though.

All the best.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@38e_avenue I'm surprised they didn't just pull the $$$ owing out of your bank account? That's what happened when I was on vacation for a month, I had several payments taken out of my bank account (I run items in two categories which causes daily costs) with no problems. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, if there wasn't enough in the bank account that in and of itself might be the reason for the account details update request, although one would expect they'd go to the credit card next for that. I'm surprised they let you get 2 months behind on the payments.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

@38e_avenue I'm surprised they didn't just pull the $$$ owing out of your bank account? That's what happened when I was on vacation for a month, I had several payments taken out of my bank account (I run items in two categories which causes daily costs) with no problems. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, if there wasn't enough in the bank account that in and of itself might be the reason for the account details update request, although one would expect they'd go to the credit card next for that. I'm surprised they let you get 2 months behind on the payments.

I had enough money in my bank account. Something went wrong with their system. I was charged, then the charge was reversed, then I was charged again after the verification. The 2 months charge is normal if you renew your yearly contract: no charge for the coming month, then a charge for 2 months.  

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@edubb101 wrote:

Hello,

I had this happen at this time last year.  What triggered it was that I moved and changed addresses.  As soon as I updated my address they held my payments and wanted to verify my identity. 

I suspect that they will need to do this for all accounts eventually.  They probably didn't force it at the time of the Managed Payments roll out because it would have created a larger mess.  Get everyone enrolled first then follow up for the verification later.  Just a guess though.

All the best.

While I can understand a need for an occasional verification, I didn't like the manner. Everything was in red, I felt like a scammer. Such incidents don't help to create a friendly work environment.  

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@38e_avenue Ahhh right, I forgot about the 2 months around renewal time, THX for clarifying.

It would be interesting to know why the charge was reversed.

Very odd they didn't use the credit card then.

At least in the end it got worked out, this now has me worrying if something like that were to happen whilst I was on vacation, I was quite happy that everything went smoothly this summer, hopefully the same will be true next summer!

The online selling world has gotten so much more complicated in the last 20 years, it is getting quite hard to keep up!!!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

I just got this same notice this week also, including the red bar across the seller hub payments page.  Tried to do the verification but they won't accept my drivers license because its expired with a temporary paper license to keep it valid until i receive my new license.  Tried explaining it to them over the phone but yeah the DMV out in California is different then the DVS here in MN.  Apparently out there you get your license before you even leave the DMV when renewing, not how it works here in MN, here we renew our license and they give us a paper temporary license that we have to use with out expired card until the new card comes in the mail.  So eBay keeps rejecting my verification even though i sent a picture of the paper temporary and the card which in MN is taken everywhere without question because its just how the system works.  I have been waiting a month for my new card, and i will probably be waiting a couple more, MN is backlogged with renewals because of the new Real ID requirement, its taking months to process renewals and get your new card in the mail.  If i am really lucky i might have my new card by the end of January, but the current wait time is around 2.5-3 months for a card, they give you a 90 day temporary paper license to cover the wait time.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

For those wondering why this is happening, its happening to all sellers, regardless if you have been on here for decades like me or if you have been in managed payments or not for years.... Its all part of the federal requirement for eBay to verify your identity due to the banking regulations that changed and the $600 1099K reporting limit change.  A lot of companies i do work for started asking for photo ID as well, because they all have to meet the new federal guidelines of identification for financial transactions, eBay is no exception.  If you haven't had it happen yet this year you will, eBay support told me they are rolling it out to sellers in batches so they don't overwhelm the system by doing everyone at once.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Yes, now I see it happened not only to me. Something is going on across the site. 

BTW, the recent quantity of scams of different kind is really scary. The scam business is everywhere on the rise, so some additional security measures are understandeable in this new, crazy e-commerce world .... 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

This is the Canadian site so we don't have the same federal guidelines that you have in the US. So perhaps some here are being asked to verify their identity for other reasons. EBay is never very specific with this type of thing.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

This is why we should be able to hold a balance in our MP account.

I would prefer to pay my Store subscription fees from my MP balance, as I did with PP,  but weekly transfers make that difficult if I had a slow week.
It only happens a couple of times a year, over all my accounts, but it is still an irritation.

And of course, this would be part of allowing us to make purchases with our MP funds.

I'm willing to believe eBay that they do not Hold our payments in an interest-bearing account, but if they do, allowing us to choose when to Hold in MP would be a nice earner for them.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply