buyer claims refund, but received item, eBay sent refund anyways because they are sooooooo slow

This is so frustrating... A greenhorn buyer, not knowing how the system works, claimed an item not received. Not even 2 hours later we answered his request and said sorry for the inconvenience and if they would be able to wait for another couple of days, because Canada Post is not the fastest. But the buyer never read the message, gave us a negative feedback, and said "item not arrived, no communication at all". Bravo! Just one day later, they stated to have the item received, sent a message over the eBay messenger telling us about. And they reviewed their feedback, changed it to "neutral" and also stated in the feedback, that they have the item received. Regardless that I reported this buyer to eBay because they are messing up my account for now reason, eBay just decided today to refund the buyer. Because they never cancelled their request. Sometimes, I really really hate the eBay company for closing every possible communication channel. You can't send an email, they never read when you report something, and to call them takes 1/2 hour to get someone on the phone and then the person has no power or no knowledge or both.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

buyer claims refund, but received item, eBay sent refund anyways because they are sooooooo slow

eBay "reversed the outcome on this case"... yeah 😉

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I followed the link "Appealing the decision on a case", and eBay reacted within just some hours and reversed their decision.

Means the answer actually is: use this function. It is a very small link within the case related communicaton.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You'll have to call Customer Service. Be polite but firm. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

eBay doesn't normally refund unless the buyer asks eBay to step in, did the buyer do that?  If not, they shouldn't have refunded just because the request was still open. Did you get a message from eBay saying they had been refunded or is the money just on a hold in PayPal?  

If the buyer was refunded, eBay can't take the money back from them but you can go to PayPal and send a new invoice to the buyer.

If the buyer did ask eBay to step in and the case was found n their favour you will also have an unresolved claim defect which you should try to get removed.  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes, call customer service

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

eBay "reversed the outcome on this case"... yeah 😉

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Did you call them? Or did it happen spontaneously? If the decision was reversed after calling, then the Answer was to call Customer Service.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I followed the link "Appealing the decision on a case", and eBay reacted within just some hours and reversed their decision.

Means the answer actually is: use this function. It is a very small link within the case related communicaton.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That final post should be marked as your Answer then. (If you want this thread to be of any benefit to others to come.)
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Something similar just happened to me. Sent an item to France, buyer asked for refund because they believe it's lost. eBay literally tells me item isn't lost, and refunds buyer. WHAT?! Now I'm out $200 and the item updated today to say it's in transit within france. I am sick over this! We are treated like dirt!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Did you perhaps make the mistake of sending the item via Parcel Surface? Or is it stuck at Customs awaiting the buyer to pay import fees? The latter you may be able to appeal, the former not so much. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply