eBay invoice page re-design??!?!

A week or two ago I noticed the eBay invoicing page (when you send an invoice to a customer and specify tax and shipping) had changed in design. The page had a different layout and a different tax box. Instead of selecting the state, it just let you enter the tax rate percentage without a dropdown for which state/prov I was invoicing. This new page solved the tax issue I keep getting when sending an invoice on eBay.com (error message when adding tax for Canadian buyers, saying "there is some problem, please try again later".

With that said, the old design is now back as of today and the new design has disappeared. What the heck is going on eBay???!?!??! This new design was solving my invoicing issues for Canadian customers, but now the old broken design is back???!?! Please, this is so incredibly frustrating. Finally something is fixed, and then it reverts back to the old broken design. I'm so freaking p*ssed off. 

Can someone please shed some light on exactly what the $R)*%*)^$ is going on please???

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

tyler@ebay  has a Wednesday chat group. This could be of interest to him, since he has been involved in some redesigns lately.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Lol yeah it's changed a bunch... I had an issue that I brought up a few weeks ago where it wasn't allowing taxes to be added to shipping , so if you ever sent an invoice (like to combine purchases, or reduce shipping costs, or make any correction) it wouldn't add taxes to shipping.  It was there, then gone, then back again...  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I didn't realize there was a problem when sending invoices to Canadians but when this happens with US buyers, the invoice apparently does get sent even though there is an error message.  I suspect that it might work the same way with Canadian invoices.  To check if the invoice was sent, check off the 'send my email a copy' of the invoice..if you receive it then you know the buyer received it too. 

When you send a new invoice to a US buyer the tax automatically recalculates but only at the buyers end so the seller doesn't see it.  I am guessing that when you have tax tables set up for Canadians, it will work that same way so you don't have to add anything in the tax field...but that's just a guess.

I checked a couple of your listings and they didn't mention that you would be adding tax in the shipping/payment field.  Even though you are listing on .com you still have to set up the tax tables on .ca  and then in site preferences check off in the payment from buyers that you want to use the tax tables.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply