ebay Sold messages missing from email

I wonder, does this happen always on Thursdays when they do their maintenance? 

Today's SNAFU: No Sold messages from ebay tonight, only PayPal payments received coming through. Sold notices from ebay are MIA. 

Am I alone? Or is this widespread? You may want to watch your Seller Hub dashboard more closely tonight than usual so you don't fall prey to any Late Shipment marks for missing a deadline tomorrow on an item that you didn't know had been bought. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: ebay Sold messages missing from email

Message resent 🙂

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

So here is the latest summary of the messages not received:

Do NOT receive sold messages (.COM and .CA):

-for BIN/store items that sell and are immediately paid for

DO receive sold messages (.COM and .CA):

-for BIN/store items that sell and are not yet paid for

-ALL auction items (theoretically none of them are paid for immediately)

I'm receiving all the other normal messages like relist suggestions, etc.

So it appears as if the glitch is with items that are purchased and immediately paid for?

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

tyler@ebay

I'm confused. I'm looking at my history of missing notifications versus not and, unlike ric, it seems like I'm getting them for what looks like an Immediate Payment-type purchase as well as the ones that probably Add to Cart first and then checkout that way. I'm also getting them for some accepted counteroffers but not others. 

If I look at the way I receive the payment notices from PayPal, it seems like there perhaps could be a clue there. Some payment received messages from PayPal arrive with the buyer's name in the header; those come with a Sold. Some payment received messages from PayPal say the message is coming from 'service@paypal' and those accompany a Sold message too. Then others are incoming as 'instant payments' from PayPal and those are maybe guest checkouts? I don't know but those also accompany a Sold message from ebay as they should.

Virtually all my items have Best Offer enabled so that's not the trigger. Certain ones missing the Sold notice from ebay were accepted counteroffers but others were not. 

Here's an 'Item #331940988454 Instant payment received' that sold via counteroffer that was missing its Sold message from ebay but this 'Item #332342892945 Instant payment received' 

one came through as Sold just fine. 

Both are GTC. The first had a quantity of one and sold out with that sale; the second stayed live because it was one of two that sold. That particular differentiation seems like an odd one to be making this strange glitch occur. 

The other thing is that users seem to be reporting this on a regular basis now. Maybe once a month for a few days at a time? I seem to think it began on a regular basis in the summer. Could it be something ebay is doing with its servers or software that is at play at those moments as opposed to the listings themselves? 

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

Standard features working normally, as of late seems to be entirely unpredictable on a regular inconsistent hap-hazard basis for some but not all users. This tends to be mostly frustrating a good portion of the time.  open_mouth Hopefully I've expressed this as subsinctly to clarify this issue for all concerned and replace this frustation with an attempt at some humour(humor if you are American)? As for confirming when back to normal has returned, best suggestion, Re-boot...Refresh...Reboot...Refresh...Start over!! 

-Lotz

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

The main reason why these recurring message issues worry me would be for the number of times I've emailed a customer to follow up on delivery and rarely hear back from them. Are buyers and sellers getting all of these types of emails? Is it random...Hit or miss? No way to confirm unless there was a system in place like other email systems that at least informed you that your message was read. It's appearing some mail filters may be too sensitive for our own good and could be causing some of these problems.

-Lotz

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Hi folks,

Today I received my first "Sale Confirmed" notification since January 9th, despite having sold several items during that time span.  Tyler (eBay) had checked the email addresses where the notifications were being sent from to me and suggested white listing the address where the sold notifications appeared to  be coming from.  I did this upon his suggestion.  I sold two items shortly after the change and still no notification however; today I received a notification for a sold item (the only sale of today).  I'm not sure if this is a result of the white list of the @eBay.com address he suggested or if this was a random email that made it to me.  I guess I will know once I get some more sales.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

Well, sounds like you are heading in the right direction. It can take a bit of experimenting to get things to cooperate 100%. Hopefully, it is fully solved very shortly? Best of luck.

-Lotz

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

Interesting.

Although I have the opportunity to review messages caught in my Spam filter with my email software whenever I need to do that, they’re just sitting there; these aren’t caught.

I’ll keep looking.
Message 28 of 40
latest reply

Yesterday late afternoon things appear to have returned to normal again, it looks like I am getting the emails for everything again......
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

Thanks for getting me this update @momcqueen!

In working with @mindbender3 on examples he had I definitely don't think that Best Offer items are the reason for the fault (as tech initially postulated). The whitelisting of the ebay@ebay.com address was the next suggestion, mainly because the types of emails he was getting were from all the other addresses we use (message@ebay.com, etc). 

Good to hear that some of them started coming through, but still unsettling that this is something happening more frequently.

Keep me posted on this if you start to notice missing emails again. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 30 of 40
latest reply

Yesterday, Jan 21 received a message from eBay advising to use my eBay Bucks certificate Right Away before it expired. Except I used it already. 2 Weeks ago. Balance is 0. Ebay Mail Delivery System possibly may have some serious "glitches?" 

-Lotz

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

I got that message with Bucks already redeemed too.

And then, even more oddly, a message telling me there was a reply to one of the threads from an ebay Community discussion: a thread that was last updated in 2017. Plus, I'm not subscribed to those email updates anymore and haven't been for 12 to 18 months. 

Gremlins.

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

I'm seeing this problem arise again with only one of two items that sold yesterday evening: 331895760763. And, on the weekend, one of two items sold also had a very late Sold notice but it did eventually arrive. This one has not.  

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

Sold two items yesterday and received no email notifications from ebay about that whatsoever.   The only way I found out was upon receiving an email from paypal that the customer had paid.   This problem remains unsolved.

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

The last couple years, a lot of my emails don't come. Especially the ones for items that don't sell. I've complained, they reset my whatever, and no change.
Message 35 of 40
latest reply

Missing my fourth notification, the first was 36 hours ago, this is really not good enough.

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member

This is an old thread, but the same thing has been happening to me for the past 24 hours. I am not getting email notifications of ebay sales.

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

@dhslk 

This happens suddenly and ends...eventually. For no known reason. The only thing (in this case) that is forseeable is someone will come along to close this discussion with a suggestion to begin a new one.

This and other widely reported issues will never be captured/flagged on eBay's status page because according to eBay everything is always running flawlessly.

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

Me as well no notifications from recent sales....

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 40 of 40
latest reply