Shippo! Charging USD instead of CAD

For all those who are trying out shippo, is there an option for them to bill in CAD instead of USD?

Simply put, i created a label last night and it gave me CAD amounts. I chose the $9.25CAD option.

However, after I created the label, in the unbilled tab, it shows a $6.99USD pending transaction instead of $9.25. While this might be roughly the same as $9.25 CAD, it screws up my accounting since it will only take money out of my account once it reaches a certain threshold or 7 days, versus with Paypal, it was itemized to each label I created.

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

The next 2 Shippo labels I printed had a button to edit the contents description and also had a place to enter the HS code. It was easy to fill this in and now that I was used to the MO the process was much easier.Thanks Shippo for adding these options. One of the labels was for Tracked Packet and there was an additional discount for it as well. I am in the process of editing my listings to pass the lower ship costs on to my buyers. I do like the Shippo service but there is one more thing I would like to see added if this is at all possible. When you print the label the actual cost of the postage does not show on the label. Since I state no handling fee on my listings I prefer my buyers to be able to see the cost of the postage so they know for sure I am not padding my shipping costs. Any one know if there is somewhere on the Shippo site that I can change my settings to include the option for the postage cost to be showing on the label? Everyone's input on this post has been a big help to me. Thanks.

Message 41 of 55
latest reply

Canada Post told us that if they had to look it up at the Post Office there would be a $2 charge to look it up. And that's why we put the HS number on our pkgs.

Canada Post? Or an oral statement from a postal outlet clerk?

(Apologies to dinomite.)

I was once told by an outlet clerk that they did not give the VentureOne discounts on labels. Whether this was an error or laziness or a money grab, I do not know.

Some clerks are badly trained.

Message 42 of 55
latest reply

I say stick with Paypal and Canada post.. you get the same discounts I think with your VentureOne number, they charge in Canadian dollars and it can come direct out of your paypal balance.  there are just to many issues with Shippo that are not seller friendly... I know the paypal shipping has been glitchy and never perfect... but after I experienced Shippo its given me a totally different opinion  .... Ebay Why did you change to Shippo?  

Message 43 of 55
latest reply

@blackranda2 wrote:

The next 2 Shippo labels I printed had a button to edit the contents description and also had a place to enter the HS code. It was easy to fill this in and now that I was used to the MO the process was much easier.Thanks Shippo for adding these options. One of the labels was for Tracked Packet and there was an additional discount for it as well. I am in the process of editing my listings to pass the lower ship costs on to my buyers. I do like the Shippo service but there is one more thing I would like to see added if this is at all possible. When you print the label the actual cost of the postage does not show on the label. Since I state no handling fee on my listings I prefer my buyers to be able to see the cost of the postage so they know for sure I am not padding my shipping costs. Any one know if there is somewhere on the Shippo site that I can change my settings to include the option for the postage cost to be showing on the label? Everyone's input on this post has been a big help to me. Thanks.

I would prefer to see an option to check whether or not we want the postage cost to show on the package as I don't think that showing the costs works for everyone. For example, if a seller includes insurance in their postage price in their listing, that extra cost won't be reflected on the label.

Message 44 of 55
latest reply

I'm of the opinion insurance is not postage per se but part of a handling fee.
Message 45 of 55
latest reply

@blackranda2 wrote:

... When you print the label the actual cost of the postage does not show on the label. Since I state no handling fee on my listings I prefer my buyers to be able to see the cost of the postage so they know for sure I am not padding my shipping costs. Any one know if there is somewhere on the Shippo site that I can change my settings to include the option for the postage cost to be showing on the label?

I prefer without.

PayPal does (the last time I checked) print the postage cost on the label.

And there is nothing preventing you from writing the actual cost of shipping in the box on the label.

-..-

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
I'm of the opinion insurance is not postage per se but part of a handling fee.

I'm not sure what your point is. My comment was about having a choice on whether or not to have the postage showing on the label. I'm not asking for the insurance cost to be showing on the label.

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

femme1946 - "quottie   Please be careful when you post that you identify yourself as a 'pink' (eBay employee).   First because it is useful to know when you are speaking as the voice of eBay."

"qotie" (Scott) is no longer employed by eBay.  His last post last week:

"On a more personal note, this will be my last Weekly Chat on the forums, as I am leaving eBay to pursue another opportunity.   It has been my pleasure to assist all of you on the forums, and I wish you all much success in your eBay selling careers / hobbies / etc."

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

I wish you all the best in whatever you pursue Pierre. Thank you for your help and insight over the years.

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

No, no. Pierre was quoting quottie. That's who's leaving.
Message 50 of 55
latest reply

Actually I don't get the as much of a discount with PayPal as I do with Shippo but this may not be true for everyone as it seems to depend on your Canada Post tier level for Shippo discounts. Unless i have misunderstood, is no Venture One anymore it is now Canada Post Solutions for Small Business. I am not sure but I think you have to register for a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account even if you already have a Venture One number. With Shippo I pay my shipping costs with PayPal and they are in CAD. You do have to take the time to link your eBay account, your PayPal account and your Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account to your Shippo account to get the best discount that you qualify for. This took me about half an hour to set everything up but well worth the effort in the long run.

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

That would be the perfect option. Then everyone could do it the way they like best!

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

shipping as easy as always.  no billing issue, no induction scan, no glitches, no hs code.  postage definitely shown. oops i guess that photo is too big

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

Perhaps writing the amount in would work. However, not meaning to imply a seller would do this but any amount could be written in in that case. I think it would be better to have the choice to have it in text on the label filled or to not show it at all so the shipper can choose which they prefer.

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

oh..lol

I totally misread that

I did think it was odd that Pierre was moving on to an 'opportunity' when he has just retired but I wasn't going to question him.

Message 55 of 55
latest reply