Shippo rates consistently higher than Paypal's

Hi all,

Just sharing my recent experience and wanted to hear your feedback.

With the temporary Shippo outage last Friday, I used for the first time Paypal shipping label services. To my surprise, I realized that Paypal's rate for the same parcel (size/weight/destination/service) was consistently lower than Shippo's for any services (local Canada Regular or Expedited, USA with or without tracking, International).

I resumed selling on eBay last December after a nearly 15 year hiatus, averaging 5 parcels a week at first, then 10, and now about 20 parcels a week, most are US bound, some international as well. Am I missing something or is it the case for everybody that Paypal offers better Canada Post rates. I've gone through older threads on this topic on this discussion board but most are over 1 year old, with the recent changes at CP and Shippo, I wanted to hear from others what are their experiences and what service would they recommend in my situation.

Thank you,

salim_bfb

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Also check to see if your Canada Post discount level has changed.

Solutions for Small Business has 4 discount levels based on amount spent on shipping (taxes excluded) in the last 12 months:

Level 1: under $2500

Level 2: to $5000

Level 3: to $7500

Level 4: over $7500

Purchases made on the Canada Post website, through Shippo and through PayPal count.

Sign into your Canada Post SfSB account before clicking this link:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/savinglevel?category=parcel

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Both PayPal and Shippo should be giving you the same Solutions for Small Business (formerly Venture One) discount as via the Canada Post website.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Shows your SfSB discounted rate when signed in to your Canada Post account.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Also check to see if your Canada Post discount level has changed.

Solutions for Small Business has 4 discount levels based on amount spent on shipping (taxes excluded) in the last 12 months:

Level 1: under $2500

Level 2: to $5000

Level 3: to $7500

Level 4: over $7500

Purchases made on the Canada Post website, through Shippo and through PayPal count.

Sign into your Canada Post SfSB account before clicking this link:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/savinglevel?category=parcel

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks Dennis, that's useful.

I believe I'm at level 2 now, on my way to level 3 by year-end.

I solved the issue.

I was using the wrong SBB account number, I had been issued 2 cards (one through Shippo, one through Paypal), one of them has the lower rate, now I consistently use that one going forward.

The rates I get on Shippo are now in line (if not better) than Paypal now.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply