Would buyers get notification from Shippo when a shipping label is created with their order?

So I just had an frustrating experience trying to create a Tracked Packet shipping label using Shippo (for a sale outside eBay). For whatever bizarre reason, I could NOT create a fresh new label and kept getting:

Unfortunately, no rates have been found. Have you already activated some carriers in your Carrier SettingsIf you have problems, please let us know at info@goshippo.com – we would be happy to help you find the best rates!

Which I checked and I'm linked to Canada Post properly. Moving forward, I decided to try printing the label from the Paypal transaction... and I kept getting:

Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred:Sorry, we’re unable to process your request right now. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-60017

Apparently I wasn't the only person with this issue with Paypal, according to Google. Tried a few suggested fix and nothing worked. Finally, after an hour of frustration and retrying, I decided to try using a 2018 eBay order on Shippo that wasn't marked as fulfilled for whatever reason but it gave me the create label option, so I edited the recipient details to my new buyer's details, and that WORKED! The new label looked fine with my new buyer's address on it whatsoever, and the shippo shipping details only showed my new buyer's info and not my old buyer's. 

My question is: Would my old buyer from 2018 get any sort of notification about a shipping label created with her old eBay order? I don't want to confuse my old buyer but I already hit "Buy Label" before I realized it lol. Has anyone tried creating a shipping label this way and was there any issues? Since I'm paranoid I'll probably be checking the tracking status of this order everyday to make sure it gets to my new US buyer just fine... but boy, that was annoying. 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0