45 day policy when shipment arrives from china

This 45 day policy should be revised to 60 days when an item is sent from a foreign country as it takes a very long time to arrive to north America.

I never got my item and im out of luck now as the seller is not responding to my emails.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It don't matter where it is coming from or what the seller says.

File a claim by day 43.

It is your money.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If you used a credit card to make the payment through Paypal, you can go to the 1-800 number and ask a bout a chargeback.

In future, either note Day 40 on your calendar and file an Item Not Received dispute if the item is not in your hands or pay a premium for Air Mail service.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have had zero problems with sellers from China .and recently have been receiving steadily from there ,the shipping has been 2 weeks and sometimes 3 weeks but never more than 4 ,so if it takes 30 plus days then it is time to get prepared to file a INR claim.

Chose sellers wisely.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@marshad123 wrote:

This 45 day policy should be revised to 60 days when an item is sent from a foreign country as it takes a very long time to arrive to north America.

I never got my item and im out of luck now as the seller is not responding to my emails.

It is 60 days if you play your cards right.

You have 45 days after purchase to file a dispute for a not-received item.  You have up to 20 days after tiling the dispute to escalate it to an actual claim of non-delivery.

45 + 20 is actually more than 60.

Should you receive your item after your money has been returned to you, it's a simple matter of paying the seller again.

Incidentally, you don't think it takes 60 days for an item to fly from China to Canada, do you?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I've had similar issues with China. Mine was for a replacement that was never sent.

I just recently had another issue with the description not matching the product. Seller agreed to send me a replacement but made a point of saying it would take 45 days to get it. After two weeks I left negative feedback saying I would revise it once I had the replacement or proof it had been sent. The seller admitted he never sent it two weeks ago but he would now if I would reverse my feedback. They have no intent of sending the replacement. This seems to be the latest ripoff tactic from China. I finally just had the seller refund my money. Now he's out of pocket for the product and the money.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You are posting on a 2 year old thread so the rules have changed.  The buyer can file a claim on eBay up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.  You can file on PayPal up to 180 days after payment.

It is always best to ask for a refund rather than a replacement as it is common for replacement items  from china to never arrive.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@prodogjuggler wrote:

I just recently had another issue with the description not matching the product. Seller agreed to send me a replacement but made a point of saying it would take 45 days to get it. After two weeks I left negative feedback saying I would revise it once I had the replacement or proof it had been sent. The seller admitted he never sent it two weeks ago but he would now if I would reverse my feedback. They have no intent of sending the replacement. This seems to be the latest ripoff tactic from China. I finally just had the seller refund my money. Now he's out of pocket for the product and the money.

Its true that promised replacements almost never arrive but like the other poster just said  when you pay with a PayPal account you can file a claim for Item Not Received for about 6 months from when you bought it.  It doesn't matter now in this case because you got the refund anyway.   If the seller actually mailed the item it may still be coming because items from China can take 2 months or more to arrive.  Since you say "Now he's out of pocket for the product and the money" it sounds like you have both. 

If you order from China it is good to know that eBay gives you 30 days from the LAST date of delivery, but that PayPal gives you 180 days so that you can wait for these slow items.  Also when you get a full refund and revise your feedback it might be nice to make it a positive since you got completely restored but your seller got nothing. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply