5 Cent Listing Day April 9 on .ca

I just got the message. April 9 is 5 cent listing day for auction and FP on .ca.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

ecbluestar
Community Member
if shipping is specified on your listing

Meaning fixed shipping??
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

acofa
Community Member
1 week before schedule ... 5c listing was expected on next week, so I suppose another 20c listing will be announced in 2-3 weeks.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi ecbluestar,

Yes, either fixed rate or calculated shipping will be fine. Please note you need to include this information in the shipping fields of whatever listing tool you are using (sell your item form, TurboLister, Selling Manager Pro, third party listing tool, etc.), not just include it in the item description.

Thanks,

Miriam
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Hi all,
Need a favor
I am a bit confused on this shipping thing. I use Blackthorne to create listings and I set my shipping prices in the shipping templates but I am not sure if my listings would qualify for this sale. Would someone in the "Know" please take a look at one of my listings and tell me if the way I am doing my shipping costs would qualify for this sale.
I thank you in advance of your efforts.
Gehres

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Miriam. I have been selling here for more than 3 years, and have always given my ship rates to different parts of the world within the text of my descriptions. I have never felt the need to use the shipping fields and have never received a buyer complaint about it. Seeing how eBay has made this a "must" in order to qualify for the listing, one would think I could gather this info easily enough. Excuse me but, HA ! My story.... I contacted live help tonight, trying to find someone, anyone who could walk me through the process of showing my ship rates in the shipping fields so I could qualify for the 5 cent special listing day today.

I am currently chatting to live help, 3rd person, 3rd dept and about to get transferred again. Time spent so far, 28 minutes to achieve a potential savings of $3.95. Worth my time? I think not. Oh wait, now they are transferring me to Stores Live Help. The 4th operator. Excuse me for sounding ticked but, has it ever occurred to anyone at H.Q. that any and all C/S employees should have to list, sell and ship, as well as purchase an item or two, before they are actually allowed to give "advice"?

Time waiting updated now to 36 minutes. I will wait 2 more minutes than I am just going to go ahead and list the darned thing the way I always do and pay full pop for the privilege. Ok, 40 minutes now and still no useful advice so, I am disconnecting, and listing as is. If you want to contact me and get my listing credited, please do. Would be an awfully nice gesture on your/eBays part.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

weeds....you are good to go on your listings 🙂

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi snoopwiz,

I'd have to agree that sounds like a pretty poor customer service experience, and I'm sorry you went through this.

I received your email, and will contact you directly on this. I can certainly pass this feedback over to CS and find out what can be done to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else going forward.

Miriam
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Thanks Recped,
I a bit more looking I found that out. It's a good thing as I put up 700 listings yesterday.
Gehres

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Don't get me started on this ...
I too add the shipping info in the description. I sell yarn, so depending on how many balls of yarn a customer buys, the price varies depending on the weight of the parcel. it's impossible for me to specify shipping charges in the field they provide.

this 5 cent listing "special" wasn't worth my time to try and figure out how to modify my listings.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Miriam Thanks so much for the prompt response. Much appreciated. I will keep an eye open for your email.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

ecbluestar
Community Member
Yes, either fixed rate or calculated shipping will be fine. Please note you need to include this information in the shipping fields of whatever listing tool you are using (sell your item form, TurboLister, Selling Manager Pro, third party listing tool, etc.), not just include it in the item description.

Thanks Miriam, 3 days listing just starting to kick in, so far sales are gooddd... http://cbss.ca/images/eStore/1ChamBluLogo.jpg
It has been a pleasure serving you
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

ecbluestar
Community Member
Anybody could help with pictures in signature, please. It has been a pleasure serving you.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

jeffglobal
Community Member
Same boat here -- no shipping rates listed at all as I sell VHS videos and the package weight will always varry depending on A) how long the video tape itself is (has a direct impact on the weight), B) how many tapes are being purchased, and C) where in the world they are going. Thanks for the promotion, but as long as eBay requires me to specify shipping to qualify, I will unfortunately never have the opportunity to qualify again, and thus won't make a point of posting auctions on these days. Canada Post shipping rates are not fixed for Canadian and International destinations -- it completely varries (except to the USA where there is some consistency anyways, despite how ridiculously high it is to send there comparitively speaking to USPS rates). And just like others that commented, I too have never had a complaint for not posting shipping rates in all my years of successful selling -- my feedback and shipping DSR reflects this. My rates are fair and just -- it's just impossible to list them given so many X factors. Every person that emails me for a rate receives an accurate shipping quote per their interests and location. Unfortunatley eBay doesn't reward it's members this way.....of course they also don't provide us with the means to have an unlimited # of shipping options included in their systems shipping field. I can understand why the need to have shipping specified formally, but it's just not a realistic request to be asking for everybody (depends on what you sell I guess). It's unfortunate that sellers like me can no longer reap the benefits of this promotion.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

eBay must be having a lot of glitches lately. I tried to take a look at your listings just now jeffglobal to see if you had any tapes I might want and all I can get is "Server not found".

The other night I couldn't get on the board at all off and on...it just came up blank.

Last night I couldn't relist or sell similar.

What next?

Ha, ha!! Just tried to preview this message and it timed out.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

jeffglobal
Community Member
That's bizarre! Well over 600 listings presently active in my store. Guess all my eBay fee's aren't going to eBay sever upgrades, ha!

Cheers,
Jeff
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Guess all my eBay fee's aren't going to eBay sever upgrades, ha!

Server upgrades are cheap. The real problem is tha most likely some student volunteers are are "developing" and maintaining eBay interface.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the email message Miriam. Appreciate what you had to say and the lengths you went through to make things right. Nice to see mere words turn into action. Kudos to you.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply