Alternate Site #2

I screwed it up the first time - here it is again and correct.

I was just taking a look at the eBid site - it has changed drastically since I looked at it a couple of years ago. I asked a few questions on their forums and people seem quite happy and are apparently selling. I think I may put a few items on and see what happens. It is no eBay but it is cheap enough.

Anyone have any recent experience?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Alternate Site #2

I know nothing about eBid........ well a little.

I go there now and then and get bored and leave in under 2 minutes.

Since you're throwing other sites around.......... why on earth have you not tried Betsy?

It costs what?  about 30 cents a listing and around 3% FVFs.

There are lots and lots of radios on there.

It's not auction, but it does look right for your stuff.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Alternate Site #2

I heard betsy is only for hand made item I'm still here.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Alternate Site #2

It's come a long way.

It's for vintage, antique, collectable, and other One of a Kind items.

It's not for new items or used electronics etc.

In a lot of ways it's for the types of items that made ebay what it is today.

That site is booming and I'm betting in the next year with the new FVFs that's a site that's going to take off like a rocket.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Alternate Site #2

I know nothing about eBid........ well a little.

I go there now and then and get bored and leave in under 2 minutes.

Since you're throwing other sites around.......... why on earth have you not tried Betsy?

It costs what?  about 30 cents a listing and around 3% FVFs.

There are lots and lots of radios on there.

It's not auction, but it does look right for your stuff.

Thanks for the info - I had a look at the Etsy radios and there is quite a few, but man, the prices are really high.

Mabe thats a good thing - if they are actually selling.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Alternate Site #2

Yes........   It's a good site........... I buy there.

if you look at the followers the seller has who's I sent the information for.......... he has quite a few.......... 

That's also a good indication that the buyers who know about your items are watching his stuff.

His sales are respectable.

It's not auction like you seem to like but the site is great for some items, and yours seem perfect for the site.

I believe the cost is 30 cents to list for 3 months.

What can you loose?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Alternate Site #2

I find ebid is awesome for everything but sales but then again I haven't tried in about a year and it has 95,000 listings more then it had in my category when I tried it last ..

I have a lifetime membership so I can list free anytime I want and pay 0 fees ... Free 100% free ...

I am going to give it another shot very shortly as I think it does have potentional the only issue is people have to go through the years of painful nothing without leaving to help the site bloom into something awesome...

Listing is very easy and straight forward too

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Alternate Site #2

Well, I just bid on an item on eBid, the price was really good and I actually got a response from the seller - ya know sort of like the old eBay from 10 years ago. So, I told him I sold on eBay and I asked him about selling on eBid. He responded right away, he did however keep calling eBay - FeePay.

Yep, he told me it was slow. But the upside is - the stuff does eventually sell and when it does - he keeps 97% of the profit. He has 1600 item on eBid - why - cause it costs him virturally nothing. What he said was, if ya got the time to wait, you will come out much further ahead.

Sounds ok to me. If you are a big volume seller this will not appeal to you - but for me, it may be worth looking at.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Alternate Site #2

If you list on ebid with no picture it's free .. You can sell on ebid and collect 100% of what it sells for ...

I sold 1 item in 2 months on there but again that was over a year ago and I think at the time otherr then me there was about 20 movies listed..

Message 9 of 9
latest reply