Another Canadian soldier dies of apparent suicide...... Now 8 in just over 2 months

2 REPLIES 2

Another Canadian soldier dies of apparent suicide...... Now 8 in just over 2 months

valve37
Community Member

Just to put this tradegy in perspective.

Approximately 3,500 suicides take place in Canada annually, slightly below deaths due to cancers of the colon and breast.

Suicide is the seventh-most common cause of death among Canadian males, and tenth-highest among both sexes combined

Unlike our Afghan soldiers the majority of the 3500 didn't witness or be party to killing other human beings resulting in mind altering trauma (Psychological trauma is a type of damage to the psyche that occurs as a result of a severely distressing event.).

Many of the 3500 I suppose do not seek help but rather suffer alone until .........................................   

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Bell is helping and in a big way!

Bell Let's Talk Day is January 28 The fourth annual Bell Let's Talk Day, set for January 28, 2014, invites Canadians to join the conversation and help end the stigma around mental illness. On Bell Let's Talk Day, Bell donates 5 centsfor every text sent, mobile call, and long distance call made by Bell and Bell Aliant customers, every tweet using #BellLetsTalk, and every Facebook share of the Bell Let's Talk Day image. Bell's donations are made at no extra charge to Bell Let's Talk Day participants, though normal long distance or text charges, if any, apply.

Bell Let's Talk donates $225,000 to Université Laval Foundation to support student mental health program.

To date, Bell has already committed $62,043,289.30 to Canadian mental health based on its original $50 million commitment and participation in Bell Let's Talk Day since 2011.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1292359/bell-let-s-talk-donates-225-000-to-universite-laval-foundati...

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 3
latest reply