Can't get "fix" for expedited packages to work, Help please

I have spend half the morning trying to get the expedited package label to the US to work.

It was very hard to change the "hidden" word for ShowBlock, and when I finally did it, it didn't work. I also tried using the youtube version, but couldn't get it to work.

I have expedited packages to mail, and I am disabled so I have to get someone else to do my mailing, and people don't want to stand in line at the post office to mail the packages.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I just tried the "fix" for Expedited Parcel USA and I was able to change "hidden" to "showblock" and advance to the second page. I was just testing it using PayPal Shipnow and a dummy USA address.

I was using FireFox 20.0.1.

I know this is not much help but I just wanted to post that the "fix" is still working as far as I can test.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What browser are you using to try the fix?

Have you ever tried this fix before and made it work?

If so, try a simple clearing of your browser cache and temp files. Maybe it will help. Try also just restarting your computer for a fresh start???

Sometimes just walking away from doing something on the computer and trying a little later with a clear head will be all you need to get something working.

Hope this helps ...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much, I did what you suggested, but I still had a really hard time changing "hidden" to ShowBlock.  I would block the word, but if just wouldn't accept the new one, and if I tried deleting "hidden", the whole line disappeared. It took me about half an hour, but I finally got one done!

I must be doing something wrong, because other posters have said they found it quite easy.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I haven't been able to get it work either.

I thought of emptying the cache, but any time I've done that I've spend half a day recovering passwords........

I've been avoiding that hoping they'd just the two minutes it would require and  fix the darned thing already.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I used "Chrome" this morning an printed all labels.  At first I kept getting the wrong one changed, and then forgot the caps, all cause I was being impatient I guess, but eventually it worked.  The one glitch was that it would not print when paid, I had to go into the overview on paypal to the particular item, and "reprint". 

Very time consuming and annoying all around, but at least I could print labels.

Fix soon please!!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If I don't have FireFox or Chrome, I guess I'm screwed and can't use the fix right? I just have Explorer and don't have any space on my computer to download another browser 😞

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This issue should now be fixed - an announcement will be made within the next 10 minutes to this effect. Please let me know if you see otherwise.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 8 of 8
latest reply