Can't report the buyer!

Hello,

I recently sold an iPhone 4 and specified Canada and the United states only. Somehow some guy bought it from australia and I decided to go ahead with it and try to work out the shipping. Lots of emails regarding shipping costs were sent, and he was going to buy it when eBay found some fraudlent activity in his account, and the listing was cancelled. The buyer appealed that and now he is back up and running again, after I relisted the item, and now he wants the item to be shipped to Nigeria and he sent 100$ for shipping. I decided before he paid to stop seling to him, when he went ahead and paid the WRONG paypal account, which was my old one that I don't know the password for and can't recover it. I want to report him, but I cant because the item he bought is now taken down and the item ID is now invalid. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can't report the buyer!

The minute you said Nigeria, we knew eBay will side with you.

The first transaction was cancelled because the buyer was restricted in some way. It is over and there is nothing more to say or do about it.

You relisted and the same buyer purchased and wants the item shipped to Nigeria. You did not have Nigeria (or Australia) as a possible destination and although he may have sent money (doubtful) you did not receive a payment.

First put this guy on your Blocked Bidder List. It's on the Site Map as part of Manage Bidders.

Do not bother communicating with him. You don't have to sell to him.

Now, after 96 hours (4 days*) start an Unpaid Item Dispute. Say in the Dispute that this is an Unwelcome Bidder, that you do not ship to Australia, that he wants is shipped to NIGERIA (and use caps there) and that he has not paid. Ask that the transaction be cancelled.

There should be no problem.

Now go to your Seller Preferences and Block any countries you don't want to sell to.

You can also add a Block against bidders with UID Strikes and without active Paypal accounts.

No matter what else happens, no one will come to your door and force you to ship. At worst you may get a neg from this scammer. But that is very doubtful.

Keep us in the loop. Don't ship.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Can't report the buyer!

The minute you said Nigeria, we knew eBay will side with you.

The first transaction was cancelled because the buyer was restricted in some way. It is over and there is nothing more to say or do about it.

You relisted and the same buyer purchased and wants the item shipped to Nigeria. You did not have Nigeria (or Australia) as a possible destination and although he may have sent money (doubtful) you did not receive a payment.

First put this guy on your Blocked Bidder List. It's on the Site Map as part of Manage Bidders.

Do not bother communicating with him. You don't have to sell to him.

Now, after 96 hours (4 days*) start an Unpaid Item Dispute. Say in the Dispute that this is an Unwelcome Bidder, that you do not ship to Australia, that he wants is shipped to NIGERIA (and use caps there) and that he has not paid. Ask that the transaction be cancelled.

There should be no problem.

Now go to your Seller Preferences and Block any countries you don't want to sell to.

You can also add a Block against bidders with UID Strikes and without active Paypal accounts.

No matter what else happens, no one will come to your door and force you to ship. At worst you may get a neg from this scammer. But that is very doubtful.

Keep us in the loop. Don't ship.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Can't report the buyer!

If you listed on eBaydotCOM this would be only 48 hours, but on dotCA it is 96hours.
No matter what he says, don't respond and don't ship.
Go for the Dispute to get your selling fees back.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Can't report the buyer!

Thanks for the help! I have updated all my seller preferences and made sure that no matter what, all people from outside of canada and the united states cant bid, buy, or message me. Im not going to do a dispute because less than a dollar isnt worth all that work.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply