Can you Revise and block certain countries after the auction begins and a buyer has already placed a bid from that country. Is it allowed

cmm001
Community Member

I have a buyer who bid on an auction and asked about shipping to the country. (Russia)

I live in Canada and checked into the shipping which is very expensive and some couriers wont do it,

Fedex and Purolator want $900 shipping for this item worth $3000 and only $1000 in Insurance.

The Post office will sell up to $1000 in Insurance to most countries except for Russia which has a maximum of $75.

I dont want to loose my item and only have $75 in Insurance.

In fact I checked with a Customsbroker who advised not to ship there.

This is the first item I have sold on Ebay and wasnt aware about the problems to Russia until I researched the shipping details.

Can I block the bidder who currently is not the high bidder while the auction is in progress ???

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can you Revise and block certain countries after the auction begins and a buyer has already placed a bid from that country. Is it allowed

hi .. Odd , you have Russia blocked in exclusions. Cancel the bid and add the buyer's ID to your blocked bidder list..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Can block bidders for countries not shipped to in buyer requirements.

Drop a note and explain that you cannot ship.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply