Commited to buy item

I committed to buy an item the other day, and today I have purchased the item.  Now that item is showing up as still "unpaid" and it is showing in my cart.  However, the item I bought is clearly under my purchase history and paid for out of my credit card.  Please help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Commited to buy item

isn't credit cards delay the payment?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Commited to buy item

If the purchase was paid by credit card through PayPal, it should be treated like any other credit card transaction: the seller gets payment right away while the purchase doesn't show up in the buyer's credit card account for payment until a later date. The item should be marked as paid right away.

If I were in your shoes, I would contact the seller first to ask if the payment has indeed gone through on their end. Whether or not the actual icon is "lit up" on your eBay dashboard means nothing unless your seller can confirm for sure that they have not received payment. If they haven't, I would contact PayPal (if that's how your payment was processed) or your credit card provider (there should be a 1-800 number on the back of your card) and see what the problem may be.

That being said, another eBay member who has experienced something similar may have some better advice for you.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Commited to buy item

It is possible that the seller has an incorrect email attached to his Paypal account. Most sellers do not take credit cards directly.

Contact him through the original listing or through your invoice, to confirm that he has been paid.

hyperrush-- Paying through PP from a credit card is as fast as paying from an eBay balance. The slow payments are from bank balances and debit cards, which write 'e-cheques'  and must clear the banking system before showing on the seller's account.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Commited to buy item

Not in the slightest. Credit card payment is immediate; cheques draw from bank balances and may take up to 10 business days to clear both institutions like a regular cheque would.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply