DID you know PESA Members Get Revealing Data on Their DSR Ratings?

Just found out from a fellow eBaY seller that eBaY has agreed to provide ALL PESA members with detailed "revealing" data on their DSR ratings so the PESA members can see what detailed scoring was left for them by a user for each of the main DSR categories.

This recently struck backroom deal will give all PESA members an unfair advantage over non-pesa members.

Now thats what I call a levelled playing field - ya right!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Silly question, but what is a PESA member?

Susan
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

http://www.gopesa.org/ .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

"deal will give all PESA members an unfair advantage over non-pesa members"

If correct, the solution is obvious: join PESA and gain the advantage if you think there is one. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Why do you want to see full rating? Ok, you know that customer X left you such and such rating #, now what?
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the link. I never knew about PESA.

Have a great day!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Futuretech. How reliable is this source of yours?
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ok, you know that customer X left you such and such rating #, now what?

I am wondering that myself. Blacklist him, because he gave me 4 instead of 5?

Btw. what's all this craze about DSR ratings anyway? Its 15% discount from fees for god's sake. On the top of referral discounts for people coming through Yahoo, Google and MSN or your own website. So if your FVF is 8% (auctions), maximum discount is 1.8% of the revenue, probably less because of 8% autctions, Yahoo, Google and MSN referrals. You get few loonies from each thousand you move here excluding S/H. Some products I buy for example for $1.10 and sell for $3.50, especially my made-to-spec ones have very nice profit margins. Should I worry about 6.3c discount on this sale?
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I got the information from a PESA member and they were just as surprised as I was that eBaY agreed to provide the information.

The whole principal of the new scoring system was to protect the buyer and to create an environment were the buyer feels safe enough to leave an honest feedback and also detail performance rating.

Looks like that is not the case when it comes to PESA group members - they will not have to play by the same rules as the rest of us.

Oh well, I was just posting this information purely for information purposes and to show just how two-faced ebay can be.

TIM @ FTL
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The person you got the info from may be reliable or they may have simply misinterpreted the agreement. This would be akin to the wildly inaccurate posts surrounding every little change that eBay makes.

There are a few posts on this "rumour" on the US Boards, I haven't seen any PESA clarification as yet.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

There has been a clarification posted by an IMA board member (IMA = Internet Merchant Association, similar organization to PESA).

The information eBay shares is NON-SPECIFIC, as an example you can submit a list of all of your UK buyers and eBay will break out the average dsr scores from your overall totals.

This info was apparently available to any eBay "Top Sellers" and was used to show that International sellers were receiving similar dsr ratings from International buyers as they were from domestic buyers.

At no time were PESA members or anyone else given specific info relating to individual buyers.

It's not clear if this program is available on a ongoing basis or just back at the time dsr's were initially tied to Powerseller discounts.

Looks like just another case of misinformation as I expected.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply