Excluded country but buyer can still bid because..........

Hello all,

I'm just curious if anyone has had any similar experience , good or bad , about the following:

I was having nothing but trouble selling to buyers in CHINA so I made sure that all my listings excluded China.

I have an existing listing with 2 days to go and the high bidder is listed as being in China.

I called Ebay and they said the buyer has a shipping address in the U,S.,  so he can bid.

Should I be concerned ?

Please share your experience please !

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Excluded country but buyer can still bid because..........

You can cancell the bid and block that buyer from bidding on your items.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Happens all the time.

As long as the shipping address is in the US or Canada and their feedback is good - there is nothing to worry about.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I was having nothing but trouble selling to buyers in CHINA so I made sure that all my listings excluded China.

Do you have your setting to "block buyers from countries I don't ship to" set?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi all,i got opposite problem,i want to shipping to every country,i canceling excluded option,i cancel option"block user from primary shipping adress is in country whit to i dont ship"but i in my all listing is excluded ukraine,sounth Africa and more.how canceling this?i try all,but is still same.Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi all,i got opposite problem,i want to shipping to every country,i canceling excluded option,i cancel option"block user from primary shipping adress is in country whit to i dont ship"but i in my all listing is excluded ukraine,sounth Africa and more.how canceling this?i try all,but is still same.Thanks.

Ebay has been doing that to many (or all?) of the media listings but no one seems to know why.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I forgot to add that I think this is a .com problem. I don't think that .ca listings are having the same problem.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I forgot to add that I think this is a .com problem. I don't think that .ca listings are having the same problem.

That may be why both posters who have problems are registered in the USA and come to the Canadian Boards for expert advice.....LOL:^O

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes,you maybe surprised,but on us site is not live chat with support and discus forum is not too.i registred on us ebay,but im not from USA.and this is ever happend to me.i always got acces for all buyers from all countries,if games for sale on my listing is region free.if not i must set specifick coutries for blocking.But still not expkain why is hapoend,what is now happend on every my listing listen in last 2weeks.and im from Czech Republick.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply