Get DEPRECATED_GUEST_ORDER_DETAILS when I try to view order status?

nichoburli
Community Member

So I bought something as a birthday present so I really want it to arrive on time. I made the purchase as a guest, and I got a confirmation email saying the item has shipped, but when I open the email and click the View Order Status button, I get a page that states:

The following critical errors have occurred.

DEPRECATED_GUEST_ORDER_DETAILS

Anyone know what's going on?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The easiest solution would be for you to contact the seller and ask when and how the item was shipped.

You can get the seller's email address at PayPal by reviewing your payment details.

In future, I suggest you register with eBay (it is free to register) instead of using the system as a "guest".

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

dka1928
Community Member

Hi There,

So the same thing happened to me, if you go into your paypal you should be able to see the transaction and you should also be able to see once its been shipped and there should also be a button to track the shipment.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"you should also be able to see once its been shipped and there should also be a button to track the shipment."

Maybe, maybe not.

Not all sellers purchase their postage through PayPal (I never did). 

Not all sellers use "tracking" as it is generally expensive (more so from Canada) and not worth it on relatively low priced items.

The best solution is always to contact the seller directly and ask.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

so I really want it to arrive on time.

I allow 20 days for arrival from North America. Thirty from Asia.

Unless the event is more than 45 days away, mail order /buying online is not a clever idea.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply