Graded hockey removed because of trademark violation?

I'm fairly new to selling and I've roughly been selling records, jerseys, and hockey cards.  I'm always by the book though; I'm an honest seller with 100% feedback.  I was surprised the other day when I got an email from ebay saying one of my hockey cards was removed because of 'Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item".

The item in question: a graded and authenticated (by PSA) Pat Lafontaine Rookie Card.

What annoys me is that ebay didn't even say what specifically was the issue - it just included a link to their replica/counterfeit policies and it's up to me to play a guessing game as to why my item was removed.  Oh and cherry on top was "Please do not reply to this message.  [This message] was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email".

Sooo...there's no specific reason why the hockey card was removed....there's no option to dispute the action....nothing.  I would understand if say I was selling an 'authentic' autographed memorabilia without any paperwork...but this was simply a graded card that was authenticated by a very reputable company.  Not the other mickey mouse authenticators out there.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I did a Google search and found this article on how to contact eBay from various media sources.

http://www.wikihow.com/Contact-eBay

I do not know if it accurate but I though I would post it so others may try it in the future.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@greenco25 wrote:
Just a quick update - my time is valuable as is anyone's so I simply just emailed Ebay's facebook address...it took a few days for a response but they immediately admitted they had removed the item by error. A big oopsy...

Wow - good on you.  It's been a very long time since any of us have been able to simply email eBay directly with an issue or "ticket".  

The phone-in system is horrid, time-consuming and often very frustrating because the people on the other end often don't understand the problem, let alone what to do about it (even if they do speak English).  It never occurred to me that you might get someone with any authority to deal with this kind of problem through Facebook.  Just be certain they've also re-set your seller status, if that was affected by this incident. 

Thanks to 'poco' too, for posting that link.  

Message 22 of 22
latest reply