Half a bikini???

sunshine2426
Community Member
I got this email from a client in the US and she says she only got the bottoms of the bikini. What!!! I'm 100% positive I sent the whole 2 piece bikini. Any clues of what is going on?

I think she might have damaged the package when opening it and is trying to scam me for a free top. I told her I know I sent the whole bikini.

She only has 1 neg feedback from years ago.

What would you do?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Half a bikini???

katiusciav
Community Member
if it were me, and in the hopes of not receiving a negetive, i would send her an email apologizing that she didn't receive, and send her a new one. i know how hard this is, especially when you're certain that you sent it, but really, in the long run, its better off. ask yourself this...would you rather be constantly reminded of it after seeing that red feedback over and over, or just cut your losses now and send her a new one. you'll forget about it soon enough, and you'll keep your good score.
i know that's more important to me than anything. good luck..
Kat
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
Hello,

I have recently had something similar happen to me while selling a lot of children's books. I knew I included the entire set but the buyer was sure I didn't.

After I did a complete clean-up of my shipping area, I found the culprit rogue book... and I was pretty embarrassed. I couldn't even blame my employees as I shipped the item myself. I have since shipped the item and included a massive apology letter.

The way I see it you can do one of two things:

1. Do a thorough check of your shipping area to make sure the string from the top didn't get hung up or stuck on anything

2. Tell your buyer that she got the most important part of the bikini and it's perfectly legal in Canada to go topless... tell her it's the new style 😉
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

sunshine2426
Community Member
Lol...topless. I checked my shipping and I'm 100% I sent it. I'm sick and tired of being scammed by these people who pay so little for great items. I'm thinking give me the neg and get it over with. I'm really ticked off!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

sunshine2426
Community Member
I forgot to add that I only have 2 of those bikini's one was her's and the other is still here in my store.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

Why don't you make a claim through postal services of theft in mail and send her the other bikini. Maybe also send an apology email to your client.

Frederic
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

sunshine2426
Community Member
Well today I caved and just sent her a new top.I checked high and low and I'm 100% I sent the whole bikini.

I guess I needed to sleep on it:)
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

bestshowtime
Community Member
Well today I caved and just sent her a new top
That is very smart!! You will get back this customer.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

sunshine2426
Community Member
I think I will, she was really happy:)
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Half a bikini???

This also happened to me once. I sent her the items she said were missing and then I blocked her. I have my limits.

I think that there are a lot of scamers on ebay.

She must have broke it or something.

It's so frustrating when it happens.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply