How do I make the items in my feedback private. Not the feedback itself, just the items

yankedriver
Community Member

How do I make the items in my feedback private? not the feedback itself, just the items, so people can't see what I've bought and sold. I see some sellers can do it, but I can't figure out how.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I make the items in my feedback private. Not the feedback itself, just the items

You cannot actively sell and have private feedback.  You ask ebay for private feedback but that means no selling until you revert back to open and airy feedback.

Many sellers have a second ID just for buying so that buying and selling feedback is kept seperate.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: How do I make the items in my feedback private. Not the feedback itself, just the items

scifan57
Community Member
This stops other members from being able to see if a seller is reselling the items they buy on eBay.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'yankedriver',

If you see a person who has bought something which reads 'private' in the feedback comments, that just means s/he bought the item from a 'private listing' set up by the other seller.  If you see a seller who has all the comments like that, it is a selling id and the person lists all items as 'private'.  The following link explains about private listings:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/private.html

Other times you might see a user id with the word (private) beside it where the usual feedback number and star would be, - that bidder has chosen to have feedback comments private.  It's not a seller, though, because they must have readable comments (obviously).  This tells about that:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

Most sellers have multiple user ids, for the reason you suggest, - buying on one and selling on some others. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply