How do you send a listing for a particular buyer who has asked for a special item?

I buyer asked me for combine 2 listings and reduce the cost, I agreed, but I need to know how to send that offer.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do you send a listing for a particular buyer who has asked for a special item?

I don't know if there is an easy way, but I just make up a new listing with the requested items and the correct shipping information.

I also contact the buyer to arrange a time for listing, so that he/she will be at the computer, and then I post the listing.

Oh, and don't forget to cancel the originals.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do you send a listing for a particular buyer who has asked for a special item?

I don't know if there is an easy way, but I just make up a new listing with the requested items and the correct shipping information.

I also contact the buyer to arrange a time for listing, so that he/she will be at the computer, and then I post the listing.

Oh, and don't forget to cancel the originals.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What I have done in these situations is agree on a total price, and reply with offer reducing one items price to the point it makes the combined total work out to the right price (I am not sure if you can do a reply with offer on the .CA site tho).....

This way only the buyer sees the reduced price for the 2nd item....

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I offer combine shipping but the button isnt working so customer cant request combine shipping.This issue its for few months now.I usually refund them

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, this seems to be the best way. I have already canceled the items. I did wonder if eBay had a way of doing this that I don't know about.

ricarmic: I thought of doing the way you describe, I am just concerned about the buyer paying for each one separately. I have had situations where I have explained to buyers to wait until I send a combined invoice, but they still don't do it, so I would rather have the whole thing in one listing.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Add a Best Offer to one of the items. Have him make an offer for the reduced amount that beings you to the total of the 2 items together. Accept the offer and send a combined invoice which should match the price you agreed on.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I use the customer's ID as the title of the new listing.

This cuts down the chance that another buyer will scoop up the deal before my customer has a chance.

I also give the customer a deadline, and if the deadline is not met, I put the timewaster on my Blocked Bidder List, and make changes to the listing such as a proper title and probably the asking price.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I use the customer's ID as the title of the new listing.

This cuts down the chance that another buyer will scoop up the deal before my customer has a chance.

I also give the customer a deadline, and if the deadline is not met, I put the timewaster on my Blocked Bidder List, and make changes to the listing such as a proper title and probably the asking price.

If I am creating a buyer specific item, I only use part of the buyers ebay id in the title, that way they still remain "anonymous" as ebay likes things these days....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply