How does an ebay buyer pay for an item with shipping, but without shipping... I check my listing and it shows shipping calculator.

I had a item on ebay great that it sold under buy it now but the member was able to pay with out shipping... I had to request shipping fees.. but I cant even invoice with shipping because it shows item paid... Is there something I don't see on my listing I have shipping calculator set up for canada and the usa.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How does an ebay buyer pay for an item with shipping, but without shipping... I check my listing and it shows shipping calculator.

leb17
Community Member

Hi atyourhomeshopping

You need to double check your "Site Preferences" that could be your problem if buyers are allowed to edit payments, here is how:

1. Go to your "My ebay Summary" page.

2. Point to your "Account"

3. Click on "Site Preferences"

4. Click on "Show All" to the right hand side of page.

5. Under "Selling Preferences" the line that says "Allow buyers to edit payment amounts", needs to have a "NO", if not and there is a "Yes" then you need to change it buy clicking on the "Edit" in that section.

What you need to do is refund the buyer and re-invoice them with the correct shipping amount.

NOTE: When sending the invoice just enter the correct amounts and DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT click on the "Recalculate" just preview it and if correct then send.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

leb17
Community Member

Hi atyourhomeshopping

You need to double check your "Site Preferences" that could be your problem if buyers are allowed to edit payments, here is how:

1. Go to your "My ebay Summary" page.

2. Point to your "Account"

3. Click on "Site Preferences"

4. Click on "Show All" to the right hand side of page.

5. Under "Selling Preferences" the line that says "Allow buyers to edit payment amounts", needs to have a "NO", if not and there is a "Yes" then you need to change it buy clicking on the "Edit" in that section.

What you need to do is refund the buyer and re-invoice them with the correct shipping amount.

NOTE: When sending the invoice just enter the correct amounts and DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT click on the "Recalculate" just preview it and if correct then send.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you... I don't know the preference would be to let a buyer modify...  All my other clients request invoices..... when they cant get shipping to calculate for them...

Thank you I definitley set to No...

I have sent her a note. I will see what happens...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If its your item sold today its not the buyer's fault. There is no amount stated in calculator and buyer is probably seeing free. Listings should be checked as eBay has made stated shipping a requirement.

Checking no would not stop payment in this instance. Its a great way to have poor feedback as your outcome.

Check this out..

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/201207.shtml#2012-07-10113319

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

At least 2 of your active listings have no stated shipping.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply